Swift LT Nasal Pillow...anything better?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rushman007

Swift LT Nasal Pillow...anything better?

Post by rushman007 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:41 pm

Hey there, CPAP fans!
First off, I love my CPAP, and I am a big fan of the Swift LT Nasal Pillow. However, I think I have reached the point where I have to replace my nasal pillow. I've been using the same one for a few years now, and I have noticed that, at times, it will break seal and emit a high pitched squeak. It sounds the same as when you release the air from an inflated balloon by stretching the opening. It requires me adjusting the pillow a bit, and it doesn't happen again. I think it's mainly because the material is becoming worn in. No big deal, I'll get another.

However, before I do that, I wanted to ask around if there was anything similar to the Swift LT Nasal Pillow that users have found more to their liking. The nasal pillow is comfortable, and once I mastered keeping my mouth closed, I had no trouble creating a seal. On the other hand, I'm not always a fan of how sensitive it sits when I try to sleep on my side, and I would like something that enables the hose to secure to the head strap better. Right now, I swivel the hose up, and it latches to a plastic c-clamp at the top of my head.

I don't know. I like it, it works for me. But I'd be remiss if I didn't look around.

Thanks!
Don
Last edited by rushman007 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neverbetter

Re: Swift LT Nasal Pillow...anything better?

Post by neverbetter » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:46 pm

I love the Aloha. Read the reviews on the hosts site.

cherylgrrl

Post by cherylgrrl » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:00 pm

My two go-to masks are the Bella Loops and the SleepWeaver. Some people don't like the feel of fabric on their nose, but I actually prefer it to the feel of a plug in my nostril. You might want to check it out, you can try it free for 30 days. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/sleepw ... -cpap.html

I'm also trying to come up with a full face alternative, but haven't found one I love yet. I had one night of stuffy nose so far, but with winter coming I'm sure there will be more!

Xney

Post by Xney » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:15 pm

The Aloha has a similar fit to the swift LT in terms of the nasal pillows, also similar head gear. The pillows are a bit different, however.

I also prefer the overhead hose route and the Aloha is nice for that. The Swift FX is another one to try - doesn't route over your head. The nasal pillows fit a bit differently in the FX. I can't quite get a right size on the FX where the large LT pillows fit (mostly) well.

FVV

Post by FVV » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Aloha all the way...here a review I just posted (minutes ago) on CPAP-Supply (where I bought it):

"I'm a big fan of nasal pillow masks. I can't even imagine myself using these "Air Force Pilot" masks.

So, after using Fisher Paykel Opus Nasal and Resmed Swift FX (which, fo me, are retired forever) I decided to give a chance to this Aloha Mask. Bulls Eye! The best by far mask I've ever used. It is extremely confortable, you don't have to put it tight, actually I let it pretty loose and there is absolutly no leaking. With the other masks, everyday I felt my eyes dry in the morning, sometimes I woke up in the middle of the night with the air going to my eyes. Other times I was waking up without the mask, I was rejecting it without even wake up. Not with Aloha. Now I'm finnally sleeping everyday and all night long with the mask. And you realy can turn to both sides, the mask will still be fit.

It's so good that I'm thinking about buying another one just in case they decide to end this model.

ps: I don't work for anyone in this business. I'm just really pleased with this mask."

sleeplessinaz

Post by sleeplessinaz » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi there, I just switched from the swift lt to the Aloha and LOVE it! So happy that I switched. Getting some great sleep. The nasal pillows are made sturdier than the swift and the sizing is not the same. For exampl I used a small with the Swift Lt a and in the Aloha I use a medium
Be sure to take a look at the Aloha. You can't go wrong!
Carrie

APAP setting is 6 to 12
HH 2.5
Side Sleeper
HypoThyroidism & Diabetes
New Airsense autoset 12/08/14

BigLou

Post by BigLou » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:17 pm

The Swift LT is a fine mask. There are newer ones that you may like better but have you used the SAME old pillows for years? If so, a change to new LT pillows would do you a lot of good!! I have tried the other masks mentioned before in this thread and a few other nasal pillows but have kept coming back to the LT. Good luck.

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:24 pm

rushman007 wrote:First off, I love my CPAP, and I am a big fan of the Swift LT Nasal Pillow. However, I think I have reached the point where I have to replace my nasal pillow. I've been using the same one for a few years now, and I have noticed that, at times, it will break seal and emit a high pitched squeak.
You don't mean you've been using the same nasal pillow for a few years, do you? We don't even use the mask headgear for a few years. Typically, nasal pillows are changed about every 2 weeks to 2 months and the headgear once or twice a year. If you haven't changed either one for some time that is your problem. Pillows don't last for months, let alone forever.

mon

Post by mon » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:19 am

The SleepWeaver 'elan' is better than any silicone mask and there's a 30 day money back trial period. Certainly worth a try!

rushman007

Post by rushman007 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:01 pm

You folks are beautiful. Sleep even easier tonight knowing that your feedback prompted action on my part. I had no idea that the pillows needed to be swapped out on a regular basis; the guy who delivered my equipment 3 years ago never said anything. Little did I know how flippin' easy the process was! I simply called my supplier, and boom, I was already in the system (I mean, why wouldn't I be?).

Long story short, I am now about to have my first sleep with the Aloha (which I'm wearing as I type in bed). The difference is night and day. Better fit than the LT. The swivel is brilliant. And the simple Velcro loop works SO much better in running the hose up and over; it actually keeps it closer to the shape of my head.

Not only that, but I now have a standing prescription for my future replacement parts.
Thanks, CPAP Nation! You did good!