OT: Hostess Brands Liquidating

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
NateS

Re: OT: Hostess Brands Liquidating

Post by NateS » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:10 pm

Just wanted to add my thanks to you, BlackSpinner, for reminding us all of the truth, in the face of right-wing lies and liars, who always attempt to blame labor and government regulation and the little guy for the results of their own corrupt ways.

Deregulation of the financial and other institutions have put us in the mess we are in now, but that didn't stop them for calling for more and more deregulation in the last election!

Regards,

Nate

Present Rx: EPAP: 8; IPAPlo:11; IPAPHi: 23; PSMin: 3; PSMax: 15
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." —Groucho Marx

ughwhatname

Post by ughwhatname » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:19 pm

That poor single mom raising five children who are five and under, who needs a new van, etc. etc. will be sorely disappointed if this goes through, because it will greatly decrease her chance of getting someone to bid $8M on her box of Twinkies which she has posted on ebay. So sad.

lorraineg57 wrote:Supposedly there may be ho-ho hope for a last minute settlement with the employee??? I thought it was a done deal but they mentioned a possible save on the news tonight!

Here's ho-ho-ping!

MidnightOwl

Post by MidnightOwl » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:22 pm

BlackSpinner wrote: Damn. And here I was about to re-start the moonshine route from Canada and make my fortune smuggling Twinkies and Kinder Surprise.
You can trade them for Cpaps.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Cereal Killer wrote:Image
Little Debbie blech!!!! If they bought the Hostess Twinkies brand they would cheapen and ruin it w/in weeks w/their cheap, greasy fillings.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

JeffL

Post by JeffL » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:55 pm

NateS wrote:Deregulation of the financial and other institutions have put us in the mess we are in now, but that didn't stop them for calling for more and more deregulation in the last election!
It was the Democrat's Community Redevelopment Act that put us into the mess we are now in. It made them feel good that everyone would own a house, even if they couldn't afford one. Banks were forced to give home loans to people that didn't stand of chance of making the payments. Demand for houses went up, prices of houses soared. The banks were left with worthless paper. It all fell apart.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:26 pm

O'm'gawd!!!! A bleeding heart for the greedy banks!!!!! Spare me!

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:53 pm

As soon as my husband was forced to retire (his income dropped by about 80%),
he suddenly had bankers fawning over him, that wouldn't give him the time of day a month earlier.
Bankers make a choice to take poor risks over good--just so they can seize property and call it a "loss".
Then the individual officers buy same property cheap and 'flip' it. LIARS!

ughwhatname

Post by ughwhatname » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:05 pm

Just heard that the union and Hostess couldn't come to an agreement, so the liquidation goes forward.

I think if I were one of the "represented" employees, I'd be highly upset. The ones negotiating didn't have their jobs on the line. Pity.

portiemom

Post by portiemom » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:43 pm

Ooooooooooo beef tallow in cake, YUCK! Maybe the beef still on hoof can a tad bit easier.

ButtermilkBuoy

Post by ButtermilkBuoy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:02 pm

portiemom wrote:Ooooooooooo beef tallow in cake, YUCK!
These are the fats our ancestors have eaten for centuries, way before oil refineries were established.

Beef tallow is protective against metastatic breast tumors.

Consuming beef tallow will help make strong bones as there is a lot of vitamin D in this fat.

Saturated fats like beef tallow provide an excellent form of energy for the human body to use. Many of the problems people have with metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes and diabetes is due to the over abundance of sugars in the diet in the form of empty carbohydrate calories. This requires a lot of insulin to regulate the blood sugar and to store the excess calories as fat. The constant need for insulin creates the problems of insulin resistance and this develops into diabetes.

ButtermilkBuoy

Post by ButtermilkBuoy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Slinky wrote:O'm'gawd!!!! A bleeding heart for the greedy banks!!!!! Spare me!

If you stop the emotion and take time to read the post, it is not about crying for the banks. The ones who suffered the most are the individuals who were given loans they could not afford. Individuals "greedy for homes" they could not afford.

Do you think that somehow bank managers and consuming individuals are separate moral species?

Well they are not. They are all made the same and fall prey to the same temptations.

Of course now politicians, they have devolved differently.

NeNeen

Post by NeNeen » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:09 pm

Haven't had a Hostess product in years. My favorite pasteries is Tastey Kake, when I eat them. Diabetic so don't eat them often.

KSMike

Post by KSMike » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:10 pm

JeffL wrote:It was the Democrat's Community Redevelopment Act that put us into the mess we are now in.
And there it is. The cold hard fact. Of course we won't let the root cause get in the way of peoples' hate and idiology (spelling intentional).

Of course there's another view also. If we would bow down to the unions and pay people $80K per year to do work that a monkey could do, then we wouldn't have to force the banks to make loans to people who never had any prayer of being able to make their payments in the first place.

Having said that, I do believe the housing market was overvalued for too many years and had to correct at some point. It didn't need to be nearly this painful however, and you can place the blame for that squarely on Slick and his cronies.
Mike
Kansas City

rosacer

Post by rosacer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:13 pm

Hey guys I have good news for you, don't lose heart.

I read yesterday, a big Canadian company based in Quebec who owns a pastry company (high quality as the Twinkies ) is planing to go into your rescue. I'm not joking it is true.

They had already tried to expand into USA and now they are planing to produce the Twinkies, maybe with another name, I don't know but they will do it because that company is millionaire and they have been waiting the opportunity to make the $$ south our border.

Good luck (health) with Vachon products .

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:43 am

rosacer wrote:Hey guys I have good news for you, don't lose heart.

I read yesterday, a big Canadian company based in Quebec who owns a pastry company (high quality as the Twinkies ) is planing to go into your rescue. I'm not joking it is true.

They had already tried to expand into USA and now they are planing to produce the Twinkies, maybe with another name, I don't know but they will do it because that company is millionaire and they have been waiting the opportunity to make the $$ south our border.

Good luck (health) with Vachon products .
And if they can make a fortune in socialized and highly taxed Quebec they should be able to blow the competition away AND have happy workers. It is called good management.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal