Please help good numbers but feel like crap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
robysue

Re: Please help good numbers but feel like crap

Post by robysue » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:37 pm

To proctor78:
proctor78 wrote:How many hours of sleep are you managing to get each night?
8-9

Is your sleep fragmented for any reason? Wake up often? Go back to sleep quickly or takes a while..

It takes awile for me to fall asleep
So are you in bed for 8-9 hours or are you asleep for 8=9 hours? It makes a difference.

How long does it take to fall asleep?

How often do you wake up after you first get to sleep for the night?

How long are you typically awake after you wake up in the middle of the night?

Any other health issues that might impact how you feel? You are on O2? For what reason?

my o2 desats alot into the 70 range
and
O.k sorry i didnt clarify during my sleep study it went into the 70's and then they put a mask on me and i still went down in the 80's so thats when they came in with supplimental o2. Therefor i am on o2 also...
How much supplemental O2 are you using? With the supplemental O2, does your O2 staturation say up where it belongs?

Any problems with O2 desats when you are awake?

Insomnia? Pain? Bed comfort? Bed pillow comfort?

my bed and pillow are not great
Any chance you can replace the bed and/or the pillow with something more comfortable?

Do you take any meds..even OTC?

heartburn pill and anti depressant and meed stablizer
and
My meds are lamictal and vybrid
How long have you been on the meds? Why are you on the drugs?

Many medications adversely affect the quality of sleep in some people as a side affect. Many medications also cause daytime fatigue as a side affect. Many mood stabilizers can cause severe and unwelcome mood changes in a small number of people.

So have you read the list of side effects of all the drugs you are taking? And you might want to talk to your docs and the pharmacist about potential side effects of the medication you are taking as well.

(As an aside, I simply could not tolerate lamictal when it was prescribed as a migraine prophylactic: It stopped the migraines, but it also left me in a very foul and angry mood (scary actually) and definitely fed my insomnia monster. In spite of helping the headaches, I definitely felt much worse on it than I had before taking it.)