Please help good numbers but feel like crap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
proctor78

Please help good numbers but feel like crap

Post by proctor78 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Ok so I cant inport my data so i will say i am on a pressure of 10 with 2l of o2 at night. My ahi is under 1 everynight with almost no leaks. I wear the bella loops and my apnea is moderate, I am overweight by quit a bit and I am a smoker I am being honest to get help from you guys. So any thoughtd on this? is it because I smoke or that i am overweight or is something wrong with mt apnea? Thanks so much

Pugsy

Re: Please help good numbers but feel like crap

Post by Pugsy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:48 pm

How many hours of sleep are you managing to get each night?
Is your sleep fragmented for any reason? Wake up often? Go back to sleep quickly or takes a while..
Any other health issues that might impact how you feel? You are on O2? For what reason?
Insomnia? Pain? Bed comfort? Bed pillow comfort?
Do you take any meds..even OTC?
Mask issues? Leaks?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

proctor78

Post by proctor78 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:56 pm

Thanks so much for trying to help?

How many hours of sleep are you managing to get each night?
8-9

Is your sleep fragmented for any reason? Wake up often? Go back to sleep quickly or takes a while..

It takes awile for me to fall asleep
Any other health issues that might impact how you feel? You are on O2? For what reason?

my o2 desats alot into the 70 range
Insomnia? Pain? Bed comfort? Bed pillow comfort?

my bed and pillow are not great
Do you take any meds..even OTC?

heartburn pill and anti depressant and meed stablizer
Mask issues? Leaks

no not at all
Do you think it can be from too much o2 at night?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:32 pm

If your leaks are too high the data collected can be faulty. A FF mask is the best as it stops mouthleaking. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

proctor78

Post by proctor78 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:44 pm

I dont mouth breathe and my leaks are bot alot very smaLL at most

Mary Z

Post by Mary Z » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:30 am

I see you joined the forum almost a year ago. Do you use the machine 100% of sleep time?
You may need a physical to rule out other causes of fatigue. Good luck.

dtsm

Post by dtsm » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:28 am

proctor78 wrote: my o2 desats alot into the 70 range

no not at all
Do you think it can be from too much o2 at night?
Hi!

The above doesn't make sense? You say oxygen level drops to 70% range and then ask if too much oxygen? If cpap is working, your AHI below 1, no leaks, it doesn't make sense your oxygen level would be anything less than 95%....

Can you post images of data for us to look at?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:53 am

What are the names of the anti depressant and mood stabilizer and dosages?

Are you using an overnight pulse ox to get that 70% drop reading now....or was that a number from the sleep study before cpap treatment and they decided to add O2 along with things in general for some reason.
So please clarify...is that reported 70% drop in oxygen happening now while on the cpap machine or is it a number from the sleep study?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Blindrage

Post by Blindrage » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:09 am

Having your O2 drop into the 70s with treatment and supplemental oxygen is a bit scary. That would be the first thing I would want to improve, and it may take another sleep study to find out if you are having central arenas causing you to not breathe for long enough to allow it to drop so low.
Last edited by Blindrage on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

proctor78

Post by proctor78 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:23 am

O.k sorry i didnt clarify during my sleep study it went into the 70's and then they put a mask on me and i still went down in the 80's so thats when they came in with supplimental o2. Therefor i am on o2 also...

I am totally 100% compliant with my cpap

proctor78

Post by proctor78 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:24 am

Cpap alone does not stop me from desaturating

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:51 am

So what are those meds.....?
Pretty much every anti depressant and mood medication out there has an unwanted side effect regarding how we feel the next day. Look up the side effects on the meds you are taking.
Fatigue.
Drowsiness.
Some of them even mess with sleep architecture and anything that messes with the normal restorative powers of normal sleep cycles will mess with how we feel.

If you still have significant desats while on the machine requiring added O2....then other health issues need to be sorted through. You need to be talking to you doctor about your problems.
Could be multiple factors involved here...your meds likely play a part and whatever reason for the need for O2.
If your sleep apnea is well controlled....then there are likely other issues involved. Need to be working with a physician to sort out these issues.

slacker361

Post by slacker361 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:08 am

Ask your doc about Provigil

David Carolina

Post by David Carolina » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:23 am

I have the same issues. Through trial and error in order of importance i suspect the following:

1. Immune Disease alonside apnea: leaky gut, excessive yeasts in system, and fungus parasites causing adrenal and protein isssues and immune response allergies. Dont forget, you may not just have one disorder, and one may have caused the other.

2. Sleeping on back: no matter what your cpap system is, if you sleep on your back you can still snore and suffer apneas which may not show up in your numbers. Buy a backpack, stuff a sturdy plastic ball in it, and make sure you never sleep on your back.

3. Foods: everything from eating after dinner to allergies can cause respiratory problems which in turn cause feeling exhausted and as if you've been hit by a truck. Look into Kauffmans leaky gut FUNGUS DIET

4. Stress. Your body has become sick with apnea, and any stress including work can make you MUCH sicker than it could before.

5. Leaking Mask. I dont think this always shows up in your numbers.

6. Deviated septum: If youre mouth breathing and using a nasal system....

7. Junk Food/Sugar. Best diet is always lean protein, vegetables. Even grains, beans, gluten, wheat, and fruit can make you sick.

8. Food allergies: "can mimic every disease in the body"

9. Incompetent sleep doctor/techs. Just because they did a sleep study doesnt mean you have your system set up right. You may need bipap not cpap. Dont assume they got it right.

10. Weight. Overweight causes continued apneas no matter what your system.

11. Oxygen. You may need an oxygen concentrator to give you more 02 at night. I have one. I also use it to oxygenate myself during the day
when i feel fatigued or anxious.

12. Mold. This wreaks havoc on your central nervous system.

13. Adrenal/kidney/liver/blood function.

14. Gall Bladder.

15. Environmental contaminants. Smoking. Chemicals. Sleeeping pills. ANYTHING chemical.

16. Low serotonin. May need boost (like prozac) or relaxant (like desipremine or klonopin).

17. Alcohol. Get off it for 6 months and see if it solves any problems, if youre using it.

18. Food Junk: Corn starch, MSG, aspartame, additives, fast food. Can make you DEATHLY ill. See Morgan Spurlock.

19. Vitamin D. Its a hormone that is essential to your body absorbing every OTHER nutrient.

20. Zinc/Magnesium. Depletion is off the charts. Can make you deathly ill.

21. Your medical doctor. Chances are he/she has no idea apnea and immune diseases can cause severe health issues, and sometimes
smirk and laugh arrogantly about them. Its happened to me. Its pure ignorance. I finally got diagnosed at Mayo. But sometimes holistic
medicine can help you more.

22. Red yeast rice, aloe vera, probiotics, acidophoulous, raw red wine vinegar may help you.

I hope this helps. Regaining health is COMPLICATED. Usually one solution is not magical. When one body system is sick, you can
bet another has followed in its wake. Google correlations and symptoms. You might hit on your exact problem in a forum.

proctor78

Post by proctor78 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:06 pm

My meds are lamictal and vybrid