I had one of those Aha! moments with my Quattro FX FF leaks

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
simplyme

I had one of those Aha! moments with my Quattro FX FF leaks

Post by simplyme » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:58 am

So, I I have been having the occasional leak with my Quattro FX full face mask, but could not always make it go away without taking the whole thing off and refitting it. This seemed odd because the fit felt good, but I was still having air leak in my face. Then came the Aha Moment! Perhaps I was more awake and that's why I noticed this? The air was not leaking under the mask as I had assumed (see the green arrow in the pic). It was actually leaking between the silicone and the plastic (see the pink and purple arrows). The silicone seems to occasionally lift out of the plastic, allowing air to sneak between the two parts. Now on the rare occasions when this happens all I have to do is press the silicone back into the plastic and go back to sleep, I don't even have to turn over. Should have noticed this before, but better late than never. Thought I would share this just in case others have the same problem without knowing it .
simplyme

Mary Z

Re: I had one of those Aha! moments with my Quattro FX FF leaks

Post by Mary Z » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:13 am

I've had the same thing happen to me. You can't tell unless you take the mask off and look at it in the light. At least I couldn't.

Jay Aitchsee

Re: I had one of those Aha! moments with my Quattro FX FF leaks

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:46 am

See this thread for some fixes for the Quattro FX cushion separating from the frame:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=74726#p685180

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=74726&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... 15#p726947