My life just fell apart

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lorraineg57

Re: My life just fell apart

Post by lorraineg57 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:48 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:I am thankful for quick-witted people, who when bad things happen, remember to record video with their phone.
One day, this will be so commonplace that there will be no safe place to take away the safety of another person.
Isn't that an interesting thought. A society where no one would dare to attempt to harm another because they knew someone would be videoing them....kind of a cool thought...as long as it's not big brother.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:53 pm

I like the thought of everyday people looking out for one another.
It can happen, even here.

SleepyToo2

Post by SleepyToo2 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:10 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:I like the thought of everyday people looking out for one another.
Imagine a world without violence.
Imagine a world without revenge.
Imagine a world where you and I can live in perfect harmony.
Imagine a world where there is no us and them, just us.
Wouldn't that be wonderful - maybe we could get to solving some of the other problems that are facing us.

Daydream believer.

deltadave

Post by deltadave » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:31 am

SleepyToo2 wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:I like the thought of everyday people looking out for one another.
Imagine a world without violence.
Imagine a world without revenge.
Imagine a world where you and I can live in perfect harmony.
Imagine a world where there is no us and them, just us.
Wouldn't that be wonderful - maybe we could get to solving some of the other problems that are facing us.

Daydream believer.
Yet, "IMHO", that is not the purpose of This Life. The purpose of This Life is to accept the challenge of working to attain those goals, at the conclusion of which performance is graded and passage to the Next Life is granted (or not).

Consequently, the "This Life Is A Test" witticism will remain valid, and Utopia can never happen (here, anyway).

Further, the motives, behavior, psyche, etc. of the aforementioned evildoer(s) need to be analyzed -- What are their demons? What Cross do they have to bear? Not everyone is Norman Bates.

Finally, in order to gain Closure, they need to be forgiven (technically up to 490 times)(although, I would argue that they would need to exhibit contrition, and I believe this is implied in the parable).

As distasteful as this might seem, healing cannot/will not begin to occur until this is done.

Happy Thanksgiving.
...other than food...

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:58 am

To Johnthomasmacdonald - you have a pm.

Heavylids

Post by Heavylids » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:16 am

lorraineg57 wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:I am thankful for quick-witted people, who when bad things happen, remember to record video with their phone.
One day, this will be so commonplace that there will be no safe place to take away the safety of another person.
Isn't that an interesting thought. A society where no one would dare to attempt to harm another because they knew someone would be videoing them....kind of a cool thought...as long as it's not big brother.
I certainly hope this never happens!!!

wilsonintexas

Post by wilsonintexas » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:04 pm

one more praying for you

JohnO

Post by JohnO » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:43 pm

So sorry to hear about the black cloud. As others have said, you have an extended community here that really cares. Prayers are being transmitted.

As others have said, things -do- get better.

lorraineg57

Post by lorraineg57 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:22 pm

Heavylids wrote:
lorraineg57 wrote:
I don't mean that we'd be video'd 24/7. I mean that people would not attempt to perpetuate such acts because other people wouldn't be so afraid to get involved....

codinqueen

Post by codinqueen » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:32 pm

Kat, you are in my prayers too. I was also victim of domestic abuse about 45 yrs ago. Jesus was there with me and carried me though it. I am praying He is there with you too, holding you up and giving you peace, and putting a veil of protection over and around you & your son.

Pressure 6-10 cm

2Tim215

Post by 2Tim215 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:45 pm

codinqueen wrote:Kat, you are in my prayers too. I was also victim of domestic abuse about 45 yrs ago. Jesus was there with me and carried me though it. I am praying He is there with you too, holding you up and giving you peace, and putting a veil of protection over and around you & your son.
AMEN!

Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
S9 AutoSet 4cm-12cm

deltadave

Post by deltadave » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:36 am

lorraineg57 wrote:
Heavylids wrote:
lorraineg57 wrote:
I don't mean that we'd be video'd 24/7. I mean that people would not attempt to perpetuate such acts because other people wouldn't be so afraid to get involved....
Yeah I can see that happening:

Man Wailing on Wife With Pickax: Don't ever get "Chock Full O' Nuts" again! You know I like "Maxwell House"!

Do-Gooder, Video-Taping with I-Phone: Wait'll I show this to the cops! You're going to jail, MF!

Do-Gooder, Running for Life: I really need to mind my own *#&%ing business!

The Kitty Genovese Syndrome is alive, well and immortal.

Unfortunately, Kitty Genovese is not.
...other than food...

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:51 am

On that side note... Interestingly, Kitty didn't die in the much publicized way we thought she did. Nevertheless, her death sparked a lot of good and fascinating research on the bystander effect, diffusion of responsibility, etc.
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:44 pm

Thinking of you Kat -- I hope things are settling a bit for you and your family.

portiemom

Post by portiemom » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:51 pm

I hope that as each day passes your life begins to feel safe once again. God bless you and your son!