infosmart users please help

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mgaggie

infosmart users please help

Post by mgaggie » Mon May 06, 2013 11:16 pm

I know there isn't many ppl here that use F & P icon machines, but if there is anyone out there that uses the software can you please explain to this dummy how to use it?

I basically get to the "front" page and then am lost, can't work out where to go from there. I just want to be able to see some basic stats like how long I use it for.

Pugsy

Re: infosmart users please help

Post by Pugsy » Tue May 07, 2013 8:57 am

Have you tried SleepyHead with the Icon? It will give basic data for the Icon.

Not many users here with the InfoSmart software. Jencat824 was able to finally use it but it was a struggle. You might send her a note.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=64174

There should be some text documents in the install to help you get started. Administrator stuff.
Now you know why I say that the Icon software is a PITA to use and why when people ask me which machine to get...I don't say the Icon if data is important. It's a great machine but the software is a nightmare to use.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sleepstar

Post by sleepstar » Tue May 07, 2013 9:22 am

Worst. Software. Ever.
Even the reps say it

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue May 07, 2013 9:30 am

sleepstar wrote:Worst. Software. Ever.
Even the reps say it
Yep, POS.
That's why mcdover quit carrying F & P in his DME business. Using the software was a nightmare.
The software for the 200 series machine wasn't any better.

SleepyHead can be used with the Icon though...so one can get enough basic data from SleepyHead to evaluate enough of the basics to judge therapy well enough.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sleepstar

Post by sleepstar » Tue May 07, 2013 9:37 am

Pugsy wrote:
sleepstar wrote:Worst. Software. Ever.
Even the reps say it
Yep, POS.
That's why mcdover quit carrying F & P in his DME business. Using the software was a nightmare.
The software for the 200 series machine wasn't any better.

SleepyHead can be used with the Icon though...so one can get enough basic data from SleepyHead to evaluate enough of the basics to judge therapy well enough.
Yeah. I absolutely can't stand it. Dread downloading it. They've apparently simplified it but I still struggle with it. Slow and annoying program. Go Rescan and encore

mgaggie

Post by mgaggie » Tue May 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I did try sleepyhead, unfortunately it would just say "No machine data".

xenablue

Post by xenablue » Tue May 07, 2013 5:47 pm

Same here mgaggie. I have an Icon, and the software but it's a bear to try and use. I didn't think SH was ready for the Icon as yet - unless I missed something recently because I haven't been around much.

Cheers,
xena

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Tue May 07, 2013 6:43 pm

I have been using the InfoSmart software for quite sometime with my Icon Auto, I can try to help you out with your problem, but when I loaded the software and went through the registration process I never had any difficulties so I am not sure how much help I can be. I just followed the instructions step by step and all was well - I am reading the software instructions that I followed from the inside jacket of the cd container: it says..... after you start the program the first time you should log in with username: Admin
and Password: password

That should get you logged into the program so you can use it un-registered for something like 30 days of use..........I did follow the registration procedure within the program so that I could use it beyond the 30 day trial period, bassically you register as if you were a clinic and setup your own password at that point.

Let me know if you can log into the program with "Admin" and "password" and get it to work for the trial period..........we will see if that works first. Feel free to private message me here or I'll check to see if you responded to this post.

Link to Sleepyhead:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH2/

mgaggie

Post by mgaggie » Tue May 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Thanks tangledhose, I've just finished work and am at my parents house so will PM you later.

Thank you to everyone

mgaggie

Post by mgaggie » Wed May 08, 2013 3:17 am

Would you believe the blasted program worked tonight?!

After pulling my hair out for days, it finally worked.

Thank you to everyone, you are a bunch of great cpapers!