JediMark playing with VPAP Adapt

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jedimark

Re: JediMark playing with VPAP Adapt

Post by jedimark » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:14 am

DoriC wrote:"Morning tea", how lovely! Your data is a thing of beauty, so happy for you and can't wait for the new update. Thank you so much for what you do for us.
Lol.. I forget how "Brittish" us Aussies ended up language wise.. (Except for our non existent accent! )

Maybe it was because we used rum as currency in the early days and were too schmozzled drinking our money away to notice all the Brittish tea drinking oppression.
Or possibly because we didn't feed all our early Tea supply to the dolphins..

Must of been some very posh fish swimming around Boston harbour back in the 1770's..

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

jwerley

Post by jwerley » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:13 am

Thanks Mark! Hope you get to continue on the ASV and start feeling better! Do I need to check or uncheck any boxes in "Appearences"?

Take care,
Janice

"He who understands you is greater kin to you than your own brother. For even your own kindred may neither understand you nor know your true worth."
Kahlil Gibran

SleepyCPAP

Post by SleepyCPAP » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:36 pm

jedimark wrote:Well, this is pleasantly unexpected, two smiley's in a row, plus I'm even a little less headachy this morning.

0.0 stats, and no major morning headache? I think I've just ripped a hole in the fabric of space and time...
Congratulations Mark! I hope this becomes a trend for you.

--SleepyCPAP

-- SleepyCPAP
Sleep study in 2010 (11cm CPAP). Pillows (Swift FX>TAP PAP >Bleep). PRS1 “Pro” 450/460 until recall, now Aircurve 10 VAuto. Tape mouth. Palatal Prolapse solved by AlaxoStent & VAuto EPAP 4cm, PS 3.6cm = 0.0 AHI

ozze_dollar

Post by ozze_dollar » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:35 pm

I have had a VPAP ASV for 2 1/2 years now and i never look at the graphs or info. I just put it on and go to sleep.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:42 pm

ozze_dollar wrote:I have had a VPAP ASV for 2 1/2 years now and i never look at the graphs or info. I just put it on and go to sleep.
That's great it's working well for you, but it's still good to check every now and then to make sure things are still optimal. Things like equipment wear and weight changes, can sneak up and throw you an unexpected curve ball, and it's better to catch them before they wreck your sleep. (Climbing back up from the bottom sucks!)

But then again, it comes down to how your feeling on it-vs-off it.. If you've got more energy, no fog/headaches and your sleeping well, who cares what the numbers say

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:11 pm

jwerley wrote:Thanks Mark! Hope you get to continue on the ASV and start feeling better! Do I need to check or uncheck any boxes in "Appearences"?
Nope.. unfortunately nothing but the right Qt plugin DLL will fix that. (and I'm not even sure what Qt version it was built with, as I did not package that build.)

Next version I'll make sure all the plugins are there.

letsride

Post by letsride » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:46 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote: Mark. I'm looking forward to seeing a 'patient assist breaths' line with the new improved SH.
Mark do you see this as a possible upgrade in the future? 'patient assist breaths'

Looks like you should keep that ASV as it has cure you too!

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:37 am

letsride wrote:
Sir NoddinOff wrote: Mark. I'm looking forward to seeing a 'patient assist breaths' line with the new improved SH.
Mark do you see this as a possible upgrade in the future? 'patient assist breaths'
Patient Assist Breaths? How is this shown in ResScan?

I know PRS1 ASV has a Patient Triggered Breaths graph.

I'm not even sure where the data is in the EDF files for this. (only certain models have it? I'd like to see some data files if this is the case)

I have noticed on the new machines, ResMed is being very naughty, and using multiple channels with the same name in their EDF files. I will have to rely more on channel order, and pay special attention to that, as it changes for different devices..

I noticed on a data sample from the new VPAP Adapt (36037), there are two sets of Ti & Te in PLD.edf files, and in STR.edf there are two sets of PS Min & Max values..

I have no idea why they are doing this, I'll have a look at the graph differences for the extra Ti/Te data.
I'm assuming with the extra PS min & max, one set is the clinical settings, and the other is the min/max achieved for the day.

Tom W

Post by Tom W » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:44 am

Jedimark,

Is your AHI still low?

Have you noticed any changes on how you feel during the day?

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:15 am

Well, it's been an entire week of 0.0.. ASV does work for me numbers wise, but unfortunately I still feel like crap :/

I had the day and a half at the beginning where the headache was a little lighter, but it's been pretty much the same as normal since then.

I think my headaches and fog are caused by something else, which is disappointing, because I was hoping for a slight let-up/miracle cure... meh! why can't things ever be simple?

Currently, I am hobbling around with extreme pain in my left hip/leg.. Was up at the ER with it tonight... I've now got some xrays and ultrasound booked for tomorrow.. For the past few weeks I've had permanent left sided weakness and it's been getting progressively harder to move around (for the last 18months or so the weakness has been an intermittent thing). At the moment I can't stand up or walk around without wanting to swear like a old potty mouth sailor.

I'm quite determined that whatever is messing me around is darn well getting exposed this time.. I've had my fill of hitting brick walls with doctors.

Anyway, I'll see what happens tomorrow..

Lazer1234

Post by Lazer1234 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:23 am

I have had headaches for years, on and off. Even body pains all over the place. All of it disappeared last year after I got Tularemia and then a heart attack. Why it disappeared I do not know. Is it because of the antibiotics I was given? Is it because I put a stent in a vessel of the heart? Is it because of cpap? I think it was because I had a stent inserted. But that's just a guess.

Everything I write I translate through Google Translate.
Hope you have patience with that, sometimes it can get a little crazy.
/Lazer1234

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Well, 12 nights in... and I finally managed to jinx the numbers..

Pugsy's suggested I power-cycle the machine again in case it's a firmware glitch, and I finally remembered to do it. Last night I managed to achieve two whole hypopneas for an AHI of 0.27. I doubt the reset really had anything to do with this - meaning my previous 11-nights-in-a-row 0.0's were quite likely real! (Hey Taringa, it looks like I matched your record!!! )

Last night I also recorded Pulse Oximetery on my CMS50F. The most stable I've seen it in a while.

My leaks are getting embarrassing on some nights - I need to do something about that. Still technically under control, but I still need to learn to keep my mouth shut while sleeping. (not to mention sometimes while I'm awake too.. )

So it's beyond a doubt that ASV solves my sleep breathing disorder (whatever the heck it actually is!) but does not give a let up in fog/headaches or an improvement in energy - something else is causing that. I have not felt up to writing code since the second night on ASV, but that might just be too many late bedtimes in a row. :-/

I'm going to look for a newer machine.. I really think I should get one that monitors Flow Limitation/Snore, this one I've got a loan of doesn't give enough feedback for my particular circumstances. (It is still a great machine, and it's up for sale by it's owner by the way, and it's not easy to come by an affordable pre-loved VPAP adapt in Australia.)

As for my hip, after an xray and blood tests, the doc diagnosed it as bursitis, and prescribed some decent anti-inflammatories, which work wonders - they stop heaps of my other pain while moving about too. Still have no strength to stand on the left side, but I'll settle for being able to still stand up using the right side, and move about without needing to curse.

squid13

Post by squid13 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:09 pm

I good shot of cortisone in the bursa of that hip will do wonders for it. I get one in mine every now and then and it really gives relief in a short time.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

sickwithapnea17

Post by sickwithapnea17 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:22 pm

interesting I kept demasking on the s9 vpap and felt the lack of ramp or high pressures weren't great. why didn't it work for me?

Channel Min Med 95% Max
EPAPExpiratory Pressure (cmH20)
W-Avg: 6.60 4.00 6.90 7.90 8.20
IPAPInspiratory Pressure (cmH20)
W-Avg: 9.18 6.50 9.50 10.40 11.30
PSPressure Support (cmH20)
W-Avg: 2.58 1.90 2.60 2.90 4.20
Pat. Trig. BreathsPatient Triggered Breaths (%)
W-Avg: 98.56 71.00 100.00 100.00 100.00
Minute Vent.Minute Ventilation (L/min)
W-Avg: 9.08 7.00 9.00 13.00 21.00
Resp. RateRespiratory Rate (breaths/min)
W-Avg: 15.49 12.00 16.00 17.00 21.00
LeaksLeak Rate (L/min)
W-Avg: 0.68 0.00 0.00 3.00 3.00
SnoreSnore (unknown)
W-Avg: 0.04 0.00 0.00 0.00 1.00
Insp TimeInspiratory Time (seconds)
W-Avg: 2.18 0.20 2.20 3.00 3.86
Exp TimeExpiratory Time (seconds)
W-Avg: 1.60 0.20 1.52 2.40 3.00
Tidal VolumeTidal Volume (ml)
W-Avg: 574.11 440.00 530.00 830.00 1210.00
18/14 bipap st

johnthomasmacdonald

Post by johnthomasmacdonald » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:33 pm

jedimark wrote:Well, this is pleasantly unexpected, two smiley's in a row, plus I'm even a little less headachy this morning.

0.0 stats, and no major morning headache? I think I've just ripped a hole in the fabric of space and time... Sorry!

My leaks are a little crummy today, I think I need a PAPCAP, because I did have a little dry mouth around waking up.

I did however, do something unthinkable this morning.. I completely slept through the alarm clock to take my daughter to school.. I must have been in mega DEEP sleep.. for once. I woke up at 10:30am and had to do the walk of shame to the office getting her a late pass. In my defence, my daughter slept in too, and my wife came home for morning tea and decided not to wake me.

congratulations,these machines really seem to be a "cure" or close enough that it doesn't matter. My only improvement i could ask for is quite minor, the humidifier capacity should be larger - enough say to set it go say 10 hours at maximum settings without a refill - most nights i sleep long enough to use up all the water in the chamber. If there is new generation improvement over this, i can't see me wanting to trade in for it