SIDE EFFECTS?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
guest3

Re: SIDE EFFECTS?

Post by guest3 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:01 pm

And how about the continuous slightly running nose all day and the sneezing effect....not a newbie...putting up with this for years....gladly!

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:04 am

the continuous slightly running nose all day and the sneezing effect
Make sure everything is washed and cleaned regularly using only vinegar and simple unscented soap, use distilled water in the humidifier.
Try to use nasal irrigation in the morning to rinse out anything your sinuses don't like about the cpap machine. It is possible to have an allergy to the parts.
Also play with your humidifier settings. Some sinus like to be drenched (like mine) and others prefer dryness.
Make sure your bedroom is free of dust and other foreign objects, your sheets are clean and unscented, and try a room air purifier with a hepa filter.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

ozze_dollar

Post by ozze_dollar » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:34 pm

MEGA wrote::shock: I don't have a runny nose but mI walk around all day like I'm in a bubble (that's how my head and ears feel)
I found this old post while looking for someone who has the same problem as me. In the mornings I walk around as if my head is in a bubble???? What is this? Is it air getting up into the areas of the ear???

ozze_dollar

Post by ozze_dollar » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:05 pm

Can no one give me some help with this.It has come back again. I tend to feel somewhat better after I go for a walk.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:09 pm

ozze_dollar wrote:Can no one give me some help with this.It has come back again. I tend to feel somewhat better after I go for a walk.
Do some exercise when you get up. Get the blood flowing.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Given the same symptoms, I would be calling a doctor; but then I have a low tolerance for feeling weird.

4betterO2

Post by 4betterO2 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Useful thread on the topic of side effects!
Can anyone tell how serious it is, when ears are popping loudly due to high PAP pressure? I've had this happen, followed by pulsating ear ache for about 20 min, then it went out on its own.
Also, after the ears pop, the sound of the machine is different, deeper and louder until I do something to change the circumstances, either swallow, or reset the machine, I can't remember what or what else.
Also, some mild trachea discomfort, wondering if all that unnaturally fast and strong air flow will cause damage to the wind pipes over time...
Also at a time when my machine was not properly set, I suffered overshoots of pressure that went all the way to my stomach and since then It feels as if I am not able to completely burp the air out... Any suggestions?
PR Dreamstation BiPap ASV, WISP nasal mask with magnets

Captain_Midnight

Post by Captain_Midnight » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:50 pm

Lots of side effects from PAP therapy.

And, infact, I'm going to write a brief summery of these (hopefully fairly soon);

...that said, I do believe that epidemiologists will eventually conclude that the most significant side effect from optimized PAP therapy will be...longevity.