New - confused ????

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Annieirish

New - confused ????

Post by Annieirish » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi,
First week with Quattro xl at 11, and I have a hard time getting the nose/mouth piece on consistently.

Is there magic? When I get it right its great. When I don't, its Hannibal Ector. I can tell a big difference in lying down w/o out the darn thing, so I will persist, but sheesh. Tell me it gets easier.

Annie

tooter

Re: New - confused ????

Post by tooter » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:16 pm

It gets better for most....practice...practice
Fixed pressure at 11

how do you post your profile

Post by how do you post your profile » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:29 pm

I would like to post profile info, but durned if I can figure it out

Any simple tips?? Thanks Annie

jencat824

Post by jencat824 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:39 pm

Welcome Annie!

It does get better. You may want to register & when you do, list your machine & mask so members can see what you have when trying to help by answering questions. It follows your posts better than having to go your original post to remember your mask, etc.

This forum has been a lot of help to me, so just come here with your questions & problems and the wise ones here can help. I'm still new to this community, but am learning a lot more here than I've learned in 12 years anywhere else. I'm trying out the Quattro for Her right now, and I'm trying several options to stop my mouth breathing. Its my first full face mask & I'm having a bit of a hard time with it, but I'm only wearing it part time, when I get good & frustrated I revert to either my Piliaro, which I love, or the Swift FX, which I really like.

Since you can already tell the CPAP difference lying down without it, you know its benefits. You may want to get another mask to switch off to when that one just won't seal. If you mouth breath, you might want to try nasal pillows or a nasal mask using a chinstrap. That is an effective method to combat mouth breathing too. Since the Piliaro is tricky, I would suggest the Swift FX - it seems to be one of the most popular masks among the users here on this forum, and is really nice, since it does not have much contact with the face, the headgear is light and hair friendly as well.

I can't really speak to the Quattro yet, but what I do know about it so far it that there is a 'magic' place it will seal, and without finding that place, it farts & farts (only way I know to describe that sound). Other members here with more experience with this mask may have tips for you.
Again, welcome, glad to have you here!
Jen

Other masks I've tried: *=liked, #= no way
Piliaro, SleepWeaver Elan*, Swift FX w&w/o Bella Loops#, OpitLife#,Simplicity*, Mirage Vista*, Go Life for Her#, IQ (original hg only)*, Quattro FX (barely)###, Wisp*, Nuance#, Swift LT for her**

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:59 pm

how do you post your profile wrote:I would like to post profile info, but durned if I can figure it out

Hi and welcome Annie. Here's how to add your equipment:

Click User Control Panel above
Then click on the Profile tab
Then on the left, click on Edit Equipment
If you have equipment that's not on the drop-down menu, or you have additional things you use you can add it in your signature. Click on Edit Signature, a few down from Edit Equipment.

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:51 pm

Annieirish wrote:Hi,
First week with Quattro xl at 11, and I have a hard time getting the nose/mouth piece on consistently.

Is there magic? When I get it right its great. When I don't, its Hannibal Ector. I can tell a big difference in lying down w/o out the darn thing, so I will persist, but sheesh. Tell me it gets easier.

Annie
http://maskarrayed.wordpress.com/taming ... e-quattro/

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

ozze_dollar

Post by ozze_dollar » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:25 am

There are many people who can not cope with Cpap but I am sure you can do it. I have been at it for 18 months now and its getting better all the time. Try new masks,nose protectors,sleeping positions,gel in the nose,sprays for the nose,learn to keep your mouth shut,loose straps,tight straps,it goes on and on. Good luck.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:10 am

kaiasgram wrote:
how do you post your profile wrote:I would like to post profile info, but durned if I can figure it out

Hi and welcome Annie. Here's how to add your equipment:

Click User Control Panel above
Then click on the Profile tab
Then on the left, click on Edit Equipment
If you have equipment that's not on the drop-down menu, or you have additional things you use you can add it in your signature. Click on Edit Signature, a few down from Edit Equipment.

But first you need to set up a member account!
"It's not the number of breaths we take, it's the number of moments that take our breath away."