I have a new bed coming tomorrow, can't wait.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bill-e

I have a new bed coming tomorrow, can't wait.

Post by bill-e » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:04 am

So I sleep in my own bed much less that I do on Hilton beds because of my travel schedule but this month I'm on my third week at home on the bed and man is my back a mess when I get up in the morning. The cheapo mattress is about 20yrs old.

So putting aside procrastination, my wife and I went out mattress shopping last week and finally settled on a Sealy Memory Gel bed. We tried a number of beds at Bernie's and Phyl's and I really liked the firm Sealy. Bernie's and Phyl's, by the way, was a great experience. No sales pressure but salesmen always within earshot if needed. The mattress guy seemed knowledgeable. We even purchased some living room furniture. We'll definitely shop there in the future. We did all our testing and final selection without looking at prices do as not to bias our opinion. I was quite surprised at both how firm and how comfortable the memory foam was. I fully expected to buy a Sleep Number bed but this bed was definitely the most comfortable and I knew it within 2 minutes of laying on it.

I would have liked to also get one of the motorized bed frames because my wife likes to read in bed but we wouldn't be able to get it up the stairs in our 260 yr old house so I had to pass.

So I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning

islandboy5150

Re: I have a new bed coming tomorrow, can't wait.

Post by islandboy5150 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:34 pm

If you can get the matress up there, an adjustable frame shouldnt be any trouble. They are slim and pretty lightweight considering. I have a sleepnumer adjustable bed and its fantastic. Expensive but worth it in my case. Multiple spinal fusions plus a spinal cord stimulator and a peripheral nerve stimulator for bad back and leg pain.

bill-e

Post by bill-e » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:37 pm

I wish that was the case but the mattress has to be folded some lengthwise to get up the stairs. A one piece queen box spring won't fit so we have to go through the added expense of double queen boxes....and just forget about a king

Maybe at some point I'll look at purchasing one unassembled so I can get it up there. But I am anxious to sleep on it tomorrow night though my wife will likely complain because it will be about 10% harder for a few weeks then the one we tried.

zorki1c

Post by zorki1c » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:03 pm

We got a Tempur-Pedic a year ago. Before that I spent my nights laying awake thinking how uncomfortable the mattress was. Now the mattress never enters my mind. Best investment we ever made.

bill-e

Post by bill-e » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:44 pm

zorki1c wrote:We got a Tempur-Pedic a year ago. Before that I spent my nights laying awake thinking how uncomfortable the mattress was. Now the mattress never enters my mind. Best investment we ever made.
Yea, my only concern is that my wife likes an electric blanket and I only read last night that you need to use them on like 3, and only for a half hour or so. I'm going to have to buy her a thick comforter.