Need oxygen bleed-in adapter

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
codinqueen

Need oxygen bleed-in adapter

Post by codinqueen » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:34 pm

Does anyone have an extra one of these things that attach to the hose from the CPAP, THEN attaches on the other side to the mask tubing, and it has a little port where the O2 tubing attaches?? I am hoping someone has one extra that they are not using, and wants to help out a fellow CPAPer. I have total knee replacement surgery scheduled for Apr 16 and know they will bleed in O2 with my CPAP at the hospital, since I have COPD with asthma, and they always give me O2 for a couple days post-op until I am aware and not so loaded up on pain meds, so that I can breathe and fully oxygenate. I thought Ii had found one at an on-line CPAP store that was free shipping, but can't find it now. Seems to me it was $6.00. Looked small and probably could be mailed in a small padded envelope for about $1.50 or so. I am willing to pay up to $6.00 for one, with the shipping included.

I will find one somehow if nobody here can help me, but figured I should at least try. My CPAP will not be able to be used post-op without one. I am not sure if I need a "special ' size one because I use Swift FX mask and Climateline hose that it would need to fit between. If you can help me, please PM. Thanks.

Pressure 6-10 cm

Kiralynx

Re: Need oxygen bleed-in adapter

Post by Kiralynx » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:16 pm

Our hosts used to carry them, but I'm not finding it just now. You might give them a call and see if they have them. Otherwise, is this what you needed?

http://www.bestcpapprice.com/CPAP-BiPAP ... p_226.html

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

retrodave15

Post by retrodave15 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:16 pm

When my wife was recently in the hospital, I when home to grab the cpap machine for her. In my haste when packed her machine and mask, I forgot the O2 bleed in adapter at home. No worries though as the respiratory care department provided the adapter at the hospital when they hooked it up in her room.

Since you are not on O2 now you have no reason to have this, they should provide it at the hospital when they give you the script for the O2.

Check with your doctor, or when the do the pre-admission interview. When I had my surgery a week ago they told me what I needed to bring with me to the hospital. When I woke from surgery I had my cpap mask on, but they were feeding the O2 in through the O2 port on the Mirage Quattro.

I would check with the surgery center to see exactly what to bring as each center will have their own preferences.

Event Planner / Trade show Manager / Driver of the Winnebago

Newark, Ohio

Wife's Equipment: PRS1 AutoIQ w/ Cflex+, Swift FX for Her

ozij

Post by ozij » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:36 pm

cpap.com still carries it: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/O2-Enr ... apter.html, at $6

And they have free ground shipping with a code: https://www.cpap.com/

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:45 pm

ozij wrote:cpap.com still carries it: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/O2-Enr ... apter.html, at $6

And they have free ground shipping with a code: https://www.cpap.com/
Gotta love it. I didn't search for "O2." I searched for "oxygen."

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

ozij

Post by ozij » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:50 pm

I knew I always had trouble finding that one... It's not even in the cpap supplies.

Finally found it under Accessories, Oxygen Supplies, and you're right, it's not there when you search for "oxygen" ... so much for computers: garbage in garbage out... can't they do a little thinking?

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Her supplier for O2 should give her one with the compressor or tanks, call them. They should have a safer one with a check valve vent built in. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:18 pm

ozij wrote:I knew I always had trouble finding that one... It's not even in the cpap supplies.

Finally found it under Accessories, Oxygen Supplies, and you're right, it's not there when you search for "oxygen" ... so much for computers: garbage in garbage out... can't they do a little thinking?
I suspect that the linkage got broken when they redesigned the website awhile back.

I dropped our hosts a note, pointing that it didn't turn up under "oxygen," but did turn up under a search for "O2." It also doesn't show up when you do "Accessories," and then "Oxygen Supplies" from the tabs.

Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

Roger2

Post by Roger2 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:54 pm

codinqueen wrote:Does anyone have an extra one of these things that attach to the hose from the CPAP, THEN attaches on the other side to the mask tubing, and it has a little port where the O2 tubing attaches??

I have two or three I got from crapia for free. Check with whoever you get your cpap supplies from. I got the third one when they replaced my cpap machine again last Saturday (third time in a year) because it kept shutting down on its own. If they are furnishing your oxygen equipment also they should have those available for you.

PAX

Roger

codinqueen

Post by codinqueen » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:05 pm

Thanks for all the responses. I was able to find it with you guys gave links. My mask is a Swift FX and there is no bleed-in port on the mask. I am not currently on O2, but know I will be after my surgery and was trying to think of anything needed so I don't have to go without my CPAP while some Resp Therapist tries to get what I need so they can give me O2 with the CPAP. I will ask the hospital about it when I go in for my pre-op, but I now have the adapter on the way from CPAP.com, to also take it along with my CPAP gear.

Pressure 6-10 cm

ozij

Post by ozij » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:21 pm

Kiralynx wrote: I dropped our hosts a note, pointing that it didn't turn up under "oxygen," but did turn up under a search for "O2."
LOL, so did I - and it's been fixed.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:26 pm

ozij wrote:
Kiralynx wrote: I dropped our hosts a note, pointing that it didn't turn up under "oxygen," but did turn up under a search for "O2."
LOL, so did I - and it's been fixed.
Yep -- by the time I had a reply from them (which was within a few hours of my email, so I'm middlin' impressed), they'd fixed it so it was findable.

Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

-tim

Post by -tim » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:48 pm

Its good you found one.

I bought one for about $8 from the local DME but it was the fancy respironics one with a cap.