Camping this weekend!!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ArmandXP

Camping this weekend!!!

Post by ArmandXP » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:05 pm

Have to say, I'm super excited about going and camping this weekend. Got a tent and all the necessities. We have electricity in the State Camp Ground, so I'm so excited to go on a road trip with my CPAP for the first time!!!!! I won't be snoring!!!!!! My friends are so excited!!!!!! Life is sooooooo much better now. Might have to post a pic or two of my weekend out and about in the wilderness!!!!!!!
Absolutely no regrets!
I never did mind the little things.

quietmorning

Re: Camping this weekend!!!

Post by quietmorning » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:15 pm

ArmandXP wrote:Have to say, I'm super excited about going and camping this weekend. Got a tent and all the necessities. We have electricity in the State Camp Ground, so I'm so excited to go on a road trip with my CPAP for the first time!!!!! I won't be snoring!!!!!! My friends are so excited!!!!!! Life is sooooooo much better now. Might have to post a pic or two of my weekend out and about in the wilderness!!!!!!!
Good luck! And remember, the kinks you find out this trip will be resolved for next trip, so they are a good thing! I hope it goes as smooth as silk for ya!

ArmandXP

Post by ArmandXP » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:40 pm

quietmorning wrote:
ArmandXP wrote:Have to say, I'm super excited about going and camping this weekend. Got a tent and all the necessities. We have electricity in the State Camp Ground, so I'm so excited to go on a road trip with my CPAP for the first time!!!!! I won't be snoring!!!!!! My friends are so excited!!!!!! Life is sooooooo much better now. Might have to post a pic or two of my weekend out and about in the wilderness!!!!!!!
Good luck! And remember, the kinks you find out this trip will be resolved for next trip, so they are a good thing! I hope it goes as smooth as silk for ya!

I hope it goes as well as the last 10 days have!!! I have faith or I wouldn't be going.......I have super supportive friends so I'm all gun ho!!!!!
Absolutely no regrets!

quietmorning

Post by quietmorning » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:47 pm

ArmandXP wrote:
quietmorning wrote:

I hope it goes as well as the last 10 days have!!! I have faith or I wouldn't be going.......I have super supportive friends so I'm all gun ho!!!!!
That's awesome! have a great time!

Roger2

Post by Roger2 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:53 pm

ArmandXP wrote: going and camping this weekend. Got a tent and all the necessities.
Hmmmmmmmmmm!! Wish I were going too. Have fun.

MidnightOwl

Post by MidnightOwl » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:17 pm

My experience is that the inside of tents tend to get wet from condensation even when it doesn't rain. And that it always rains. None of that experience I'll admit was in your part of the country. Still, you may want to take something to keep it off of the ground. I found a cheap plastic dishpan useful. You can either place whatever you want to keep dry inside of it or turn it upside down and use it as a mini table.

Please post when you get back. I've been wondering what it would be like to try and camp at a site with electricity. The few times I tried camping without CPAP recently I didn't have much fun.

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:17 pm

Something to consider from my first experience camping with CPAP: if the temperature drops at night you may get rainout under circumstances where you normally wouldn't. Do you have a heated hose or a hose cover? If not you might want to skip the humidification to avoid that waterboarding feeling.

If you're camping someplace warm, well, then carry on.

How we squander our hours of pain. -- Rilke

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:40 am

MidnightOwl wrote:My experience is that the inside of tents tend to get wet from condensation even when it doesn't rain. And that it always rains. None of that experience I'll admit was in your part of the country. Still, you may want to take something to keep it off of the ground. I found a cheap plastic dishpan useful. You can either place whatever you want to keep dry inside of it or turn it upside down and use it as a mini table.

Please post when you get back. I've been wondering what it would be like to try and camp at a site with electricity. The few times I tried camping without CPAP recently I didn't have much fun.
When I went camping, I took an Li-ion battery pack and voltage converter with me, and it worked fine for a few days. I used the humidifier unpowered, so the air was just blowing over the surface of the water in the tank. I also had a resmed hose cover for the unheated hose, so no problems with rainout.

You can tent camp and have cpap if you do some research and planning *smile*.

Have fun!
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Philips Respironics Dreamwear nasal mask

ArmandXP

Post by ArmandXP » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:10 am

Thanks everyone for all the great advice!!!!!! Calling for rain on Saturday, so we'll see how it goes. Might update this thread as the weekend progresses.....Have a good weekend all!
Absolutely no regrets!

imfletch

Post by imfletch » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:44 am

Don't drink toooooo much.
Jim Fletcher

Reach me at: imfletch@mediacombb.net

ArmandXP

Post by ArmandXP » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:51 pm

Wanted to update everyone on the camping trip. Had a great time this weekend. Stayed up way too late, and had way too much fun!!! CPAP was a lifesaver. AHI was .32 first night and .40 the second night. Best numbers yet! Might have to do this more often. It really helped (CPAP), even when out doors. A few photo's from my trip: Me and a dear friend, our feathered family of visitors who entertained us, out on the lake, and my huge tent!!! Now got to get ready to go back to work in the morning....
ImageImage
Absolutely no regrets!

ArmandXP

Post by ArmandXP » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:54 pm

MidnightOwl wrote:My experience is that the inside of tents tend to get wet from condensation even when it doesn't rain. And that it always rains. None of that experience I'll admit was in your part of the country. Still, you may want to take something to keep it off of the ground. I found a cheap plastic dishpan useful. You can either place whatever you want to keep dry inside of it or turn it upside down and use it as a mini table.

This site had electricity and water hookup's. Wouldn't go if I couldn't hook up my ResMed. Our tent stayed dry all weekend, even when it rained. I was praying last night, though. It poured from 2am-4am. Never got wet!! Yay!!!
Absolutely no regrets!

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:03 pm

My children told me a few years ago that they thought we waited until it was going to rain to go camping. It just always rained and we never let a little rain drive us away. They still love camping and they always stay. It is really awful to have to get up in the middle of the night and pack everything up while it is wet.

SleepWellCPAP

Post by SleepWellCPAP » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:24 pm

Hello Armand!

Everytime I check one of your threads it seems you are doing better and better! Awesome! You say your registering AHIs in the point somethings? Super great!

Glad to hear you're doing so well! Please keep posting, it's always good to hear success storys unfolding like yours.

Jim
Jim Swearingen
Author of the book Sleep Well & Feel Great with CPAP, a definitive guide
For a free copy inquire with your local county librarian
CPAPtalk featured - Also available through Barnes & Noble Booksellers

imfletch

Post by imfletch » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:26 pm

The three cranes were able to hang around cause you weren't snoring!
Jim Fletcher

Reach me at: imfletch@mediacombb.net