CMS-50H Oximeter- Direction Sensor STUCK! Any ideas?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Lizistired

CMS-50H Oximeter- Direction Sensor STUCK! Any ideas?

Post by Lizistired » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:13 pm

The display is stuck in the vertical position. It won't enter the menu to stop the recording function unless the display is in the horizontal position. "Please change direction first!" message. It won't change. Kevin replaced the first one I bought because this happened right away. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does it is a pain.
I've had this happen 1-2 times before, but just let the battery run down, and it resets.
Problem is, this time I had the alarm set too, and it has been beeping since I got up at 0630 this morning! It's more annoying than Lazer's bug! I stuck it under a pillow for awhile but it still has 2/3's battery left after 6 hours.
I'm about to desolder the battery connection to see if that will reset it, but thought I would check and see if anyone has any other solutions... I have shaken it, tapped on it, tapped on the board. Not sure which little gremlin on the board is the sensor...
Any ideas from users or electronics gurus? Might just use a small light bulb to run the battery down....

Lizistired

Re: CMS-50H Oximeter- Direction Sensor STUCK! Any ideas?

Post by Lizistired » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:55 pm

I know not many members have this model, but bump anyway.

Lizistired

Re: CMS-50H Oximeter- Direction Sensor STUCK! Any ideas?

Post by Lizistired » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:06 pm

I finally cut the cord.
If you have a 50H, I recommend you set the direction sensor to OFF, rather than auto. It's just not worth it.