Acceptable AHI?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bons

Acceptable AHI?

Post by Bons » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:25 pm

I LPhad used an ASV for many years until mine started spitting foam dust (Respironics) and my then new sleep doc ordered a titration study rather than a diagnostic study which meant my insurance wouldn’t cover the new machine due to lack of diagnosis. Original diagnostic study wasn’t available. I bought an air curve v auto because it was cheaper than an ASV out of pocket. Since then my AHI hovers at 6.9 mostly OA

Moved again, new doctor again. This one ordered a home diagnostic test which of course doesn’t discern between OA and CA events. My AHI was 51.

Today’s “compliance check” appointment was frustrating as heck. Nurse practitioner is perfectly happy with my current AHI. Shoukd I leave it at that or play with settings?

Julie

Re: Acceptable AHI?

Post by Julie » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:34 pm

Post Oscar results according to info in Stickie top of the page here - what to post and what not (and no calendar plse), plus info on the left side of the graphs. People here will interpret and if changes need doing, they'll suggest them.

Pugsy

Re: Acceptable AHI?

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:41 pm

Bons wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:25 pm
Since then my AHI hovers at 6.9 mostly OA
Bons wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:25 pm
Should I leave it at that or play with settings?
Since it primarily is obstructive in nature events (OAs/hyponeas) the AirCurve 10 VAuto is very capable of dealing with unwanted obstructive events. I wouldn't be happy with that number and I would be tweaking the settings.
Usually just a little more EPAP will take care of them.

How are you sleeping and feeling with the new machine?
What are the settings?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.