New to CPAP/APAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jessicazi

New to CPAP/APAP

Post by jessicazi » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:51 pm

Hello everyone,

My name is Jessica. I just started CPAP two nights ago. My first night was rough and short lived with my machine, but last night I eased into it slower and with a better strategy and was able to wear it about 6 hours with a break in the middle. I am a Respiratory Therapist and finally decided to practice what I preach. I have learned so much, even on the more technical side, which has been great personally AND professionally. I feel I can better empathize with my patients who are trying CPAP/BiPAP. I already knew it was a tough transition, now I know just how tough.

I wanted to extend my appreciation and thanks for everyone on this website who have helped me become more educated and better prepared for this new journey. Because of you guys, I was able to pick a great machine, try one of the more popular masks, request a humidifier, etc. I must say I was also lucky to pick a great DME (a classmate of mine works for this particular one and had good things to say). They start all of their CPAP/APAP patients on the ResMed S9 Autoset with the humidifier and Climateline tubing, or at least that's what they told me.

Again, thank you and I hope to get better acquainted with this website and you good folks.

Pugsy

Re: New to CPAP/APAP

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:12 pm

Welcome to the forum.

The first few nights are kind of rough sometimes. You will do fine. Attitude helps a lot and it sounds like you have that part covered very well. Hope you stick around for a while.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

azpilgrims

Re: New to CPAP/APAP

Post by azpilgrims » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:16 pm

First few weeks were rough for me, finally seeing my numbers improve, and sleeping better - only issue I have is a sore nose from my Mirage Quattro

Keep a good attitude through any frustrations, keep on using it as much as possible, and things will get better.