Respironics ComfortFusion Mask May Be Leaking?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bellis

Respironics ComfortFusion Mask May Be Leaking?

Post by bellis » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:41 pm

Hey all!

I got my new Respironics Comfort Fusion mask last night - had one before, but hadn't used it for a long time because of a boil on my face so when Apria gave me the automated call for a replacement I said, go for it! Better to start again fresh. And I put it on last night and thought this feels great! I have to duct tape my mask to myself every night to avoid taking it off in my sleep. Last night I woke up and had to use the restroom, and tried to undo the tube from my mask, but it felt like I had loosened the plastic joint on the fore of the mask somehow. So right now in front of my nose, out of that tube, air is leaking out continuously so that if you put your hand in front of it it's like ppppssssshhheeeewww. Does this mean I broke the mask already? lol. I've heard air is supposed to come out of somewhere on the front, and I may be playing tricks on myself, but I thought I wasn't getting that when I started last night. Should I call Apria to get a replacement (and wait another 2 weeks, lol). Should I buy a replacement for $45 off amazon? I am actually a mouth breather so it has been a big adjustment. When I was at the sleep clinic my masks kept breaching, and I feel like in hindsight the guy could have tried harder to make adjustments with the straps to correct this, but instead he kept giving me different masks until he got the last one, and said "This is the last one we have", so I sort of relented. Should I invest my own money in a full face mask? And if I do that, how to measure my face? I'm pretty sure I would need the large since I have a big head. How would you guys proceed? Let me know!

Kind Regards,
Blake

bellis

Re: Respironics ComfortFusion Mask May Be Leaking?

Post by bellis » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:45 pm

Here is the link from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Respironics-Comfo ... 196&sr=8-1

It's frustrating, but might be worth it just to grab a new one? Lesson learned? Don't try and pull the hose directly off the mask?

bellis

Post by bellis » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:22 pm

Here is the full face mask if you guys suggest that I should get one... Coming from a bearded mouth breather, lol:

http://www.amazon.com/Respironics-Fitli ... -1-catcorr

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:53 pm

WOW! Great prices.

bellis

Post by bellis » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Thanks LSAT... I am a lazy amazon shopper so it's my first stop for anything