Nasal mask recommendations

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Stevoreno_55

Post by Stevoreno_55 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:27 am

I've been using a P.R. Profile Lite nasal mask for several years now; it's been a very comfortable mask but I'm considering trying a different style nasal mask. Is the P.R. Comfort Gel nasal mask a good mask to consider or are there newer and better nasal masks out on the market today that are better than the P.R. Comfort Gel nasal mask that I should consider?

Julie

Re: Nasal mask recommendations

Post by Julie » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:32 am

There are a ton of masks out there (see Cpap.com for lots more info) and you'd be better off to first look at them and come back here with questions on individual ones than asking open ended because we all have such different bone structure and individual issues otherwise re sleep and nasal problems etc., that it's difficult to choose for anyone else - you should find out if you can try new ones at a DME if possible too.

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:46 am

I have had good luck with the activa lt.

2 B Sleeping Soundly

Post by 2 B Sleeping Soundly » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:06 am

Stevoreno_55,

I have had great results with the now older model PR Easylife nasal mask. It was the first mask I was given to try from the RT and it just worked perfect for me... though as is normally exclaimed here, YMMV .

John

One time a cop pulled me over for running a stop sign. He said, "Didn't you see the stop sign?" I said, "Yeah, but I don't believe everything I read." -- Steven Wright

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:46 am

Take a look at nasal masks on cpap.com. There are lots of customer reviews for all masks so you can see what many people think about each of them. That's a good place to start.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

HerbM

Post by HerbM » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:45 pm

If you are including nasal pillow masks then you must at least CONSIDER the ResMed Airfit P10.

I don't have a lot of experience with a lot of masks since this was my first mask and is nearly perfect, but I did spend a lot of time researching before buying it and since in discussing it with those who have tried it, want to try it, or use other similar masks.

IF you can breath through your nose, and if the head strap isn't radically to small or much to big it can be "the perfect mask" for you.

When I bought mine about 1 month ago, cpap.com had it on special for $100 with free shipping and FREE return insurance.

Presuming the return insurance is still a bonus, how could you go wrong?

--
Sweet Dreams,
HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-14 w/AHI: 0.2 avg for 7-days

"We can all breath together or we will all suffocate alone."

Stevoreno_55

Post by Stevoreno_55 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:43 pm

Julie wrote:There are a ton of masks out there (see Cpap.com for lots more info) and you'd be better off to first look at them and come back here with questions on individual ones than asking open ended because we all have such different bone structure and individual issues otherwise re sleep and nasal problems etc., that it's difficult to choose for anyone else - you should find out if you can try new ones at a DME if possible too.

Last edited by Stevoreno_55 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stevoreno_55

Post by Stevoreno_55 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:46 pm

Julie wrote:There are a ton of masks out there (see Cpap.com for lots more info) and you'd be better off to first look at them and come back here with questions on individual ones than asking open ended because we all have such different bone structure and individual issues otherwise re sleep and nasal problems etc., that it's difficult to choose for anyone else - you should find out if you can try new ones at a DME if possible too.
Julie:

I'm sorry that you thought my questions were open ended.

Stevoreno_55

Post by Stevoreno_55 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:51 pm

Hawthorne wrote:Take a look at nasal masks on cpap.com. There are lots of customer reviews for all masks so you can see what many people think about each of them. That's a good place to start.
Hawthorne:

I've done that and I'll probably go back to the website tonight and read some of the reviews others have posted about nasal masks. Thanks for your feedback.

Stevoreno_55

Post by Stevoreno_55 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:55 pm

HerbM wrote:If you are including nasal pillow masks then you must at least CONSIDER the ResMed Airfit P10.

I don't have a lot of experience with a lot of masks since this was my first mask and is nearly perfect, but I did spend a lot of time researching before buying it and since in discussing it with those who have tried it, want to try it, or use other similar masks.

IF you can breath through your nose, and if the head strap isn't radically to small or much to big it can be "the perfect mask" for you.

When I bought mine about 1 month ago, cpap.com had it on special for $100 with free shipping and FREE return insurance.

Presuming the return insurance is still a bonus, how could you go wrong?
HerbM:

I've never tried nasal pillow masks but thanks for your feedback.

Stevoreno_55

Post by Stevoreno_55 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:59 pm

Hawthorne wrote:Take a look at nasal masks on cpap.com. There are lots of customer reviews for all masks so you can see what many people think about each of them. That's a good place to start.
Hawthorne:

If I lived near Houston I'd pay CPAP.com a visit if they'd allow me to walk into their facility right off the street but DME's here in my area for the most part don't have fully stocked showrooms where you can just walk in off the street and ask an employee to let you look at and try on a nasal mask or any other kind of mask; they just won't let you do that here where I live. The RT with my former DME; Apria Healthcare; recommended the P.R. Comfort Gel nasal mask while I was still with them as a replacement mask for my current P.R. Profile Lite. I have looked at masks on CPAP.com; impressive website they have and their customer service representatives seem to be very knowledgable about the products that they sell and they are also very courteous.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Highly recommend the F&P Eson.

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:38 pm

Stevoreno_55 wrote:I've been using a P.R. Profile Lite nasal mask for several years now; it's been a very comfortable mask but I'm considering trying a different style nasal mask. Is the P.R. Comfort Gel nasal mask a good mask to consider or are there newer and better nasal masks out on the market today that are better than the P.R. Comfort Gel nasal mask that I should consider?

I would also consider the ResMed SoftGel Nasal mask.

It is comparable to the PR Comfort Gel, but IMHO a better Nasal Mask.
Seems to seal better than the Comfort Gel. I HAVE used both.

In addition, with the ResMed SoftGel mask frame (the hard plastic part), you can also use the ResMed Activa LT Cushion.

Actually, I do prefer the ResMed Activa LT to the ResMed SoftGel.
But, I did start off with the ResMed SoftGel & just later bought replacement ResMed Activa LT cushions to use on the frame I already had.

The ResMed SoftGel DOES seal rather well.
But the ResMed Activa LT seals EVEN BETTER.

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html

bavinck

Post by bavinck » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:44 pm

Stevoreno_55 wrote:
Julie:

I'm sorry that you thought my questions were open ended.
It wasn't open ended. I found it very helpful actually, thanks for asking!
Auto 9-15cm
SleepyHead v0.9.3

ubnoxus

Post by ubnoxus » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:33 pm

TonyG wrote:Highly recommend the F&P Eson.
It was one I couldn't get used to, seemed so great when I did my test fit. But once home within 30 minutes my nose was on fire. Tighter or looser made no difference.
Using Tapatalk