Intellipap Auto first impressions

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
yardbird

Intellipap Auto first impressions

Post by yardbird » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:12 am

Ok, only one night with this new machine and already I like it.
Previous machine was Respironics auto (tank model) with c-flex and heated humidifier. The Intellipap is MUCH quieter.

Someone mentioned that the humidifier tray had small openings to put the water in. I pulled the tray out, stood it up on end, and poured the distilled water into it right from a gallon jug. No issues at all. This was my first time so I did it over the sink, but there was no spillage at all so I think this is easier than filling the integrated humidifier on the respironics. No funnel needed.

Did I miss the c-flex?
Nope. Not a bit. I don't ramp and I had no EPR and I didn't miss it a bit. I know this is partly due to my pressure. I range 7 to 11 (1 down and 3 up from titrated pressure of .

I got the SmartLink module and software. I like it. Installs very easily and while not as complex as Encore Pro in terms of reporting, the results were very easy to read and have all of the data I actually look at. I also like being able to press some keys on the machine and run through the numbers quickly without having to pull the card and read it with the software.

It would be nice when using the software, if there was a legend for the Event Density graph. times across the bottom as expected, but the events on the left side are labeled like this:
A
S
H
E
L
M

I am assuming:
A=Apnea
S=Snores
H=Hypopnea
E=EPI
L= Large Leaks?
M=Mask Leak?

I haven't seen this explained anywhere yet, but I think I have it right except I'm not sure of the last 2 at all.

I know I have some work yet to do on mouth breathing and mask leaks. I had an avereage leak of 36.2L/min using my comfort lite2 with the nasal cushion. I think that's supposed to be down closer to 23. My EPI was 15.7 so mouth breathing definitely appears to be a problem and may relate to the leak rate.
AHI 2.7
AI 0.1
HI 2.5

hmmmmm.....

HappyHoser

Re: Intellipap Auto first impressions

Post by HappyHoser » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:51 pm

I purchased an Intellipap a couple of months ago to replace an aging Respironics M Series and I continue to be very satisfied with it. Great price for all its features and construction. The "Event Density Translation" for SmartLink is well hidden in the pdf sales brochure at the DeVilbiss website. The key goes like this:

A = Apnea (any event) Pink
S = Snore (3 or more events) Pink
H = Hypopnea (any event) Green
E = Exhale Puff (6 or more events) Green
L = Leak (Leak > 95 L/mi) Blue
M = Mixed/Non-responding (any event) Blue

The colored markers represent 6 minute intervals.

Hope this helps.
Doug

El Pap

Post by El Pap » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:12 pm

HappyHoser wrote:The "Event Density Translation" for SmartLink is well hidden in the pdf sales brochure at the DeVilbiss website.
I'd swear that's a new addition; I've looked at that sell sheet before and either I didn't see it or it wasn't there. Great find!

Driver59

Post by Driver59 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:27 am

Just got my Intellipap Auto yesterday. Used it for the first time last night. I really like this machine. Was a bit more sensitive to my mininum pressure with it ( 9 - 12.5 ) compared to my M Sieries with C- Flex, but adjusted quickly and slept very well all night. This machine seems to track my breathing flawlessly. By that I mean it is very sensitive in responding to beginning of inhale and beginning of exhale with no sudden pressure drop on exhale or increase on inhale, just a very pleasant constant flow. Breathing was quite natural with no sense of being hooked to a machine. I could barely hear the machine while it was running, it is very quiet. Since I have C-Flex turned off on my M Sieries I didn't miss that, but don't know if I would even notice the difference since the Intellipap has such a smooth transition from inhale to exhale. I quess that is what impressed me most of all. With the M Sieries it seemed that the machine was breathing me or telling me when to take a breath, making me breath faster than I should when I first put my mask on at night. With the Intellapap I didn't get that at all. I don't use heat on my humidifier, but the M Sieries seemed to blow warm air anyway. With the Intellipap it was like breathing a nice cool breeze all night. That is what I was looking for. Best of all I feel great this morning! Just my first impressions, I am looking forward to another night with the Intellipap.
Don

sagesteve

Post by sagesteve » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:41 am

LOOOOVE mine! Been using it instead of my M. The IntelliPAP WAS my travel/backup...now I'm using it because I LIKE it.

Diehart

Post by Diehart » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:47 pm

I love mine too, great machine and great company.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:03 pm

Damn! I really want to be done buying APAP machines ...

(repeats to self ... my AFLEX works just fine, my AFLEX works just fine, my AFLEX works just fine ... )
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.