SO CLEAN2 CPAP CLEANER

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jrfoster

SO CLEAN2 CPAP CLEANER

Post by jrfoster » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:17 pm

I have not posted in awhile so I am not sure if this new cleaner has been discussed? It is almost $300 and it is billed to really clean the mask and machine, making them 90% germ free and sanitized. Does anyone have one? Does it do what it claims to do? Thanks.

Jeff

palerider

Re: SO CLEAN2 CPAP CLEANER

Post by palerider » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:19 pm

jrfoster wrote:I have not posted in awhile so I am not sure if this new cleaner has been discussed? It is almost $300 and it is billed to really clean the mask and machine, making them 90% germ free and sanitized. Does anyone have one? Does it do what it claims to do? Thanks.

Jeff
seriously?
search.php?keywords=%2B%22soclean%22++

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jrfoster

Post by jrfoster » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:27 pm

OK, I get it!

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:32 pm

Just joined the sales team? Bottom rung of the pyramid Salesforce.

Let me put your ad into the real world. If you had 10 lbs of germs, and your product cleaned 90% of the germs, how tasty would the 1 lb of living germs be, and how would you eat them. Maybe they would be best on a Spam Samich! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:42 pm

Sorry I jumped on your case, lately we have been spammed by this rip off, it been on the front page most of the month for the last 3 months, it just slid off, I thought you were one of them, you are not. Glad to see another old timer. Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:44 pm

OK, So I"ll save $300 and continue to hand wash the stuff like I have been doing for 10 years now!

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:44 pm

OK, So I"ll save $300 and continue to hand wash the stuff like I have been doing for 10 years now!

Thanks,Jim. Good to see you again!

flightco

Post by flightco » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:00 pm

jrfoster wrote:I have not posted in awhile so I am not sure if this new cleaner has been discussed? It is almost $300 and it is billed to really clean the mask and machine, making them 90% germ free and sanitized. Does anyone have one? Does it do what it claims to do? Thanks.

Jeff
Jeff, I know they say they clean, but think about it; what could they possibly do to clean. They are passing air through what might be an ozone generator, they are doing absolutely nothing to clean anything from your mask or hose. If we assume it does kill 90% of the germs, that means you have 10% still living and another 90% dead in the tube you are breathing through. Much better to wash it with soap and water. I really believe this is the snake oil for our era of Cpap users.

mcpascalns

Post by mcpascalns » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:11 pm

Hi Jeff,

I did start a similar topic last month or so. Please, refer to this link: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=109570&p=1047375&hi ... 5#p1047375 There were several insightful and helpful feedbacks from different contributors. A few were current owners of this machine while some were ex-owners. The many divergent views from all of them really were instructive. So at the end of the day, it would be people like you and myself to weighs all the pros and cons of purchasing this machine. Good luck.

Mcpascaln

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:42 pm

I am very meticulous about cleaning, my hose is cleaned every night with Filtered, Pressured, Humidified air all night long … Mask too … but I take an extra step with the mask, it is also cleaned with unpressurized, unfiltered, room air all day long while it lays on the table next to my bed.

I don't need a second machine to clean it.
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

flightco

Post by flightco » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:49 pm

grayghost4 wrote:I am very meticulous about cleaning, my hose is cleaned every night with Filtered, Pressured, Humidified air all night long … Mask too … but I take an extra step with the mask, it is also cleaned with unpressurized, unfiltered, room air all day long while it lays on the table next to my bed.

+1

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:17 pm

flightco wrote:
grayghost4 wrote:I am very meticulous about cleaning, my hose is cleaned every night with Filtered, Pressured, Humidified air all night long … Mask too … but I take an extra step with the mask, it is also cleaned with unpressurized, unfiltered, room air all day long while it lays on the table next to my bed.

+1
+1

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:27 pm

"New and improved?" Same old snake oil!
I bet you heard the ads on late night radio.
They certainly know when you are vulnerable.
{Insert image of vultures}

mcpascalns

Post by mcpascalns » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:38 pm

Hi grayghost4,

Please, take a youtube video upload of you cleaning your cpap stuff as described above. I am sure, we will benefit from it.

mcpascaln

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:58 pm

It would be only fair if you first sent him your commission check off your first sale, that would be about $ 250 wouldn't it about a 500% markup.

I've not spent $ 5 in the 10 years I've used mine, on cleaning, have less colds and sore throats than before XPAP, if cleaning was so critical I'd be dead, not healthier. I really don't think a video is necessarily, most of us know how to wash our hands and dishes, it pretty well covers cleaning XPAP stuff. Jim