How long have you used your CPAP Machine?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pxm0675

How long have you used your CPAP Machine?

Post by pxm0675 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:50 pm

Hi Folks,

How long have you used your CPAP Machine? In my case, its been two years now. I have seen the benefits versus the time before and the time I got the machine. I am no longer dosing off during driving on the road (it did happen 3 times) , staying awake at work place and improved sleep night time. My sincerely apology to those still struggling and/or figuring out what is the best machine to use. I know it can be very frustrating for the reason that CPAP is not for everyone with sleep apnea.

Pascal

LSAT

Re: How long have you used your CPAP Machine?

Post by LSAT » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:01 pm

I'm at 8 years...I know there are some here as long as 15 years...but... what difference does it make as long as we are being helped.

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:59 pm

I just passed the 5 year anniversary.
I agree it's nice to drive awake.

otrpu

Post by otrpu » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:31 pm

Been on CPAP since Dec 2003, but only using this machine since this Dec 10th. Used my first "Brick" 2003 to 2015.
Cheers,
otrpu
Last edited by otrpu on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bookbear

Post by Bookbear » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:33 pm

9.5 years here. I never sleep or nap w/o it. I do think that the mask is more important than the machine. For many people, finding the right mask (fit, leak, comfort) is a real challenge. I'd like to encourage and and all who are struggling with mask issues to keep at it... there is almost certainly a mask out there what will work for you, and it is WELL WORTH the effort it takes to find one.

GettingBetter

Post by GettingBetter » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:12 pm

40 nights.

I've improved from an AHI of 134.8 of complex, mixed apnea and O2 sat level floor of 66% to an average AHI of 7.65 (2.35 OSA and 5.29 centrals). I am working with my doctor to increase the medications for my heart that also bring those centrals down, while also using supplemental oxygen. I'm feeling much better and having some restorative sleep! I am having some leaks, but according to SH nothing major, but more than I would like.

SMenasco

Post by SMenasco » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:19 am

Twenty years for me, on my third machine.

andycole

Post by andycole » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:35 am

5 months and 5 masks. Back on my original F10 ffm.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:23 pm

Eight months and nine masks. I think I finally the right mask for me, the Amara view. I figured out how to make a mask liner for it, and the leaks appear to be under control.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:51 pm

One year, I like my first nasal mask the best. But I tried 2 different nose pillow masks and the Dreamwear mask, so 3 masks out of 4 that did not work. Plus I managed to pick up a back up machine (Resmed S9) on here for a good price. So I'm set.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:07 pm

4 years here...have tried just about all the nasal pillow masks, and all the new nasal masks, thank goodness for return insurance *smile*. Still with the Swift FX, that was my second mask after a short stint with the Swift LT. DME didn't have the Swift FX in stock when I got my cpap machine, so started with the Swift LT for a couple of weeks.

Closest I came to switching away from the Swift FX was the AirFit P10, but the headgear just isn't stable enough for me, leaks kept waking me up. I did try the P10 for months, though, since it is quiet and light, but no go.

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:32 pm

I'm now at 6 months and doing as bad as I did last year with anemia, but not as bad as I was from January-June. However, my problem is not sleeping long enough and is complicated by other problems. I felt great the first month on CPAP, so I hope to get back there soon.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:43 pm

It's in my profile below. Been using this therapy since May 14th of 2005.
Over 30,000 hours of therapy time and haven't worn out any machines yet.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:25 pm

six years, two masks (literally), with a few brief strayings to test and rule out other masks.

I started with a resmed quattro ffm, and a year and a half or so ago I switched to a resmed p10... kept the quattro for 'just in case' and used in the hospital while I had a NG tube up my nose.

machines I've gone through.
respironics m pro
resmed s9 elite.
respironics sys1 60 auto (560) (too noisy)
resmed s9 vpap auto.

decided I wanted an auto machine, got the 560, and didn't like how it felt, as well as it being noisier than the resmed machine... so I started looking for a s9 autoset, and stumbled on a great deal on the vpap auto, and since a vpap auto can act like an autoset, I snapped it up.

none of them wore out, I just wanted more features.... much better data, then auto adjusting...

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Jake00

Post by Jake00 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:27 pm

About 6 weeks, shoulda got it years ago.