I've been on xpap for a year now!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bayourest

I've been on xpap for a year now!

Post by bayourest » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:38 am

Today marks a year since I started this journey. I can say unequivocally I never would have made it this long without this forum. There were many times when I thought I could not acclimate to this but I was determined and committed to stay with it. I've tried a few masks and received valuable help from one of the technicians at the sleep lab but that would never have been enough to keep me going. Members of this forum have helped me figure out settings and encouraged me when I was close to packing it in (although I would not have readily admitted it.) I still have days when I feel sleepier than desired but there is no comparison with pre-xpap days. Recently we had major and prolonged power outages in CT. I thought I'd be fine since we have a generator. But I "quickly" learned that the generator does not power the outlets and I found myself with no xpap for 5 or 6 nights. I woke up about every hour and felt miserable during the day.It was so great to get power restored etc and be able to sleep again. So I just want to say thanks to everyone on here. I have enjoyed reading your posts, (sharing of trials and tribulations and successes and stories and humor and all of it ). I have learned more than I ever would have thought possible. I cannot imagine persevering without all of you.
thanks!

turbosnore

Re: I've been on xpap for a year now!

Post by turbosnore » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:27 am

I'ts always nice to hear about someone making it through the hardships in the beginning.

I too have got a LOT of help here - so much that I've been able to help many people on my own country - Finland.
I have helped my fellow Finns to purchase data reading stuff, helped with setting things up and with the
sleep turbo (= APAP/CPAP) settings and adjustments. I've also been trying to spread the knowledge there.

I've been trying to direct those who can speak english to come here too. Some of them have registered here - I have heard.

If there are Finns reading this, I'm referring to http://www.cpap.fi

Mary Z

Post by Mary Z » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:03 am

bayourest, congratulations. Good for you for using the forum to help you get over the bumps in the road.

Slartybartfast

Post by Slartybartfast » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:10 am

Another success story. Congrats on hanging with the program and feeling better.

2 B Sleeping Soundly

Post by 2 B Sleeping Soundly » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:34 am

Bayourest,
Awesome! Thank you for sharing your journey to this milestone for us. I am new to CPAP and to this Forum but I have a feeling deep inside (mostly due from the knowledge and compassion of the posters here) that I will also be stating some of the same thoughts/feelings as you have when I reach my year mark!! Continued success from a brand new ’Hose-head’.

One time a cop pulled me over for running a stop sign. He said, "Didn't you see the stop sign?" I said, "Yeah, but I don't believe everything I read." -- Steven Wright

Perrybucsdad

Post by Perrybucsdad » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Congrats... so will you be having your outlets wired to the generator now? I couldn't imagine a night without my device.

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:34 pm

Congrats on completeing your first year!!

Brenda

TalonNYC

Post by TalonNYC » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:41 pm

Way to Go! I can't wait till I can say I've been on it for a year.

Thanks for sharing the milestone.

ozze_dollar

Post by ozze_dollar » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:51 pm

Yes its good to look back to the days when things were so hard and now so much easier. I guess its the same with many things in life.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:18 am

bayourest wrote:Today marks a year since I started this journey. I can say unequivocally I never would have made it this long without this forum. There were many times when I thought I could not acclimate to this but I was determined and committed to stay with it.
Good for you, bayourest. Congratulations on finishing your first year of good breathing sleep.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435