Just found

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
traff

Just found

Post by traff » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:24 pm

Hello
I have been learning about apnea since being diagnosed with it in December. I just found this site today as I searched for information. Looks great. I post on other forums about topics I enjoy. I am an advide outdoors person. I am concerned that cpap will cramp backpacking, "many miles for electricity" and I wonder if there are other treatments for apnea.
Love the changes I have experieced since being on a cpap machine. Have a few behavior changes to make yet when it comes to sleeping. I now go to bed at 11 instead of 9:30 and have little difficult getting up at 5 am. Would appreciate information on good head gear for a stomach sleeper. My current set up makes me feel like I might hose hang myself if I move.

kayedon

Post by kayedon » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:48 pm

Well hello, I'm new to this line, but have been USING THE MASK FOR YEARS.. CAN ONLY SLEEP ON MY BACK WHEN MACHINE IS ON. OTHERWISE I GET AIR LEAKS. . I HAVE RIGGED UP A STRUCTURE WHICH GUIDES THE TUB OVER THE HEADBOARD AND SO TAKES THE WEIGHT OFF MY FACE.... ALSO I PLACE A HEATER BEHIND THE HEADBOARD AND THIS SEND WARM AIR TO THE MACHINE.
I CAN'T STAND HAVING CLOSED WINDOWS SO THIS WARM AIR ALLOWS TO HAVE THE WINDOW OPEN A JAR. IF AWAY FROM MY HOME THEN I CAN JUST ABOUT MANAGE SLEEPING ON MY SIDES. NO IDEA HOW TO SLEEP ON MY STOMACH WITH ' THE DAM BUSTER' GEAR ON.
CHEERS

HappyHoser

Post by HappyHoser » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:38 pm

Greetings Traff!
Boy, two difficult problems to ponder. If you take them over to the other forum you might get more response. I have also been musing over the camping issue. There are some pretty small machines with multiple power options but that really comes down to car camping instead of backpacking. It will be interesting to hear what others have done. I also have learned to sleep on my back due to leakage. My mask is comfortable but I would have to really crank the straps up to sleep the way I used to. Welcome and good luck!

chrisp

Post by chrisp » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:53 pm

Kayedon, you may like to try the Aussie heated hose. It would be much less expensive than running a heater (safer also) next to your cpap.

http://www.sleepzone.com.au/showitems.a ... PAP%20TUBE'

Traff, You might be interested in this. http://www.aeiomed.com

Cheers,

Chris