Resmed brand filters...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
joeljjk11

Resmed brand filters...

Post by joeljjk11 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:30 am

Does resmed themselves make filters for the Airsense 10? Not sure why it is impossible to find these anywhere online in the US. I wonder if the hypoallergenic ones would work better than the knock off ones that all the websites sell.

LSAT

Re: Resmed brand filters...

Post by LSAT » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:43 am

I have really never seen a ResMed brand filter....I have never had a problem with filters from Amazon or ebay.
Last edited by LSAT on Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:46 am

I seriously doubt if ResMed actually makes them but we have no way to prove it one way or the other.

These are supposedly ResMed brand and carry ResMed product numbers
https://www.cpapman.com/cpap-supplies/f ... p-471.html

https://www.cpapman.com/cpap-supplies/f ... p-464.html

I have bought the regular filters above...bought for someone else living out of the US and sent to him. They did come in a ResMed sealed package.

The website above also offers after market filters like this at a less expensive price.

Now who ResMed got them from....beats me.

FWIW....I couldn't tell any real difference between those filters and the ones I had that came in a Sunset or A/G packaging.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:00 pm

I got a new machine and I feel like crap when I use the standard filters (the one that came with the machine) as opposed to the hypoallergenic ones, and was confused as to why I can’t find Resmed name brand hypoallergenic ones anywhere. Thanks.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:18 pm

joeljjk11 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:00 pm
I got a new machine and I feel like crap when I use the standard filters (the one that came with the machine) as opposed to the hypoallergenic ones, and was confused as to why I can’t find Resmed name brand hypoallergenic ones anywhere. Thanks.
Even without a filter in the machine, it's just your room air coming through the hose and mask.

joeljjk11

Post by joeljjk11 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:22 pm

I am sensitive to it, I have animals and lot of dander/dust. I feel groggy and like absolute crap when I don’t use the good filters.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:34 pm

I used to be able to find name brand filters on EBay and I think that they were from the above website online supplier.
Haven't been able to find name brand on EBay for a long time now.
A while back I did some extensive searching and the above online seller was the only one I could find offering name brand filters.

I did buy his hypo filters (first link above) and an off brand hypo filter in small packaging just to compare filters.
To be honest I put the "name brand" filter right next to the after market brand and I really couldn't tell any difference.

Sunset and A/G after market brands are extremely close to name brand...I found this to be true back when I was using a Respironics machine.

I have always wondered if Sunset, A/G and ResMed all got their filters from one company and simply put their own labels on the filters. :lol: I am betting that some company makes big massive sheets of these filters and all these different companies like ResMed and Sunset, etc...all buy the same product and cut them up into small squares and package them in their own name packages.
I just can't prove it.

Now there are some after market filters that don't look or feel anything like the name brand but they still seem to work just fine.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:46 pm

joeljjk11 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:22 pm
I feel groggy and like absolute crap when I don’t use the good filters.
joeljjk11 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:06 pm
If I don’t clean the vents then I feel like I am suffocating.
joeljjk11 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:25 pm
I replace my hose pretty frequently. It grosses me out to use the hose for that long, asking to get sick, ugh.
You are the reason control groups and placebos are an essential part of medical research studies.

cyberdreamer

Post by cyberdreamer » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:06 pm

joeljjk11 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:30 am
Does resmed themselves make filters for the Airsense 10? Not sure why it is impossible to find these anywhere online in the US. I wonder if the hypoallergenic ones would work better than the knock off ones that all the websites sell.
I only use the Resmed brand hypo filters here in Brazil. Are you sure none of the online seller sells them in the US? Weird, usually it's I who can't find stuff here in Brazil...

I've also been using lately a 3M filter for split air conditioners. I think it improved my Airsense 10 filter longevity and my allergy issues. Maybe look into that.
Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset (humidity 7, slimline hose) (5 years)
Mask: Resmed F30 (medium) (1 year)
Previous masks: Swift FX Nano (5 years); Dreamwear Nasal (few days); Swift FX pillow (few days)
Sleep study in 2016 with AHI 12 and some oxy desats

Metformin

Post by Metformin » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:25 am

joeljjk11 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:00 pm
The ResMed OEM hypoallergenic filters are part no. 36857 (12 pack). I live in Canada. No reason why you wouldn't be able to find them in the U.S.

Edit: to clarify, these are the filters for the S9 and the AirSense 10.

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:25 pm

after searching, i don't believe resmed makes filters. i don't believe resmed sells a separate filter. cpap,com sells a filter but doesn't say it is resmed brand. I couldn't find the part number that was mentioned anywhere. i do believe that someone sells the cut filters in bulk and dme's buy and repackage them in their own packaging with their own item numbers.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

Tinben

Post by Tinben » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:34 pm

The filters on CheapCPAPSupplies states it is Resmed brand. I guess it could be left up to interpretation if is in fact Resmed brand or just fits Resmed brand.

https://cheapcpapsupplies.com/resmed-s9 ... ble-filter
Resmed Autoset 10-For Her/Him
Resmed F30i

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:40 pm

Tinben wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:34 pm
The filters on CheapCPAPSupplies states it is Resmed brand. I guess it could be left up to interpretation if is in fact Resmed brand or just fits Resmed brand.

https://cheapcpapsupplies.com/resmed-s9 ... ble-filter
all the dme's say that basic same thing.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

Metformin

Post by Metformin » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:21 pm

greatunclebill wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:25 pm
after searching, i don't believe resmed makes filters. i don't believe resmed sells a separate filter. cpap,com sells a filter but doesn't say it is resmed brand. I couldn't find the part number that was mentioned anywhere. i do believe that someone sells the cut filters in bulk and dme's buy and repackage them in their own packaging with their own item numbers.
These are the ones that I buy: https://www.cpapoutlet.ca/en/Product/Re ... 36857/1389

When I get home I'll check the bag to see if there's a ResMed logo on them.