Which Hybrid Mask?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jbn3boys

Which Hybrid Mask?

Post by jbn3boys » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:02 am

I'm interested in getting a hybrid mask. It appears there are two available, the InnoMed Hybrid and the ResMed Mirage Liberty. If you have used either or both, what are the pros and cons of each? Which do you like better? Is the Liberty really worth almost $90 more? Any input will be appreciated!

Thanks
jbn

aPAP for 4 months, Switched to BiPap, 2nd sleep study Feb 2011 Possible PLMD
to quote Madalot..."I'm an enigma"

roster

Re: Which Hybrid Mask?

Post by roster » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:07 am

From an old post of mine:
But I do always recommend the Innomed Hybrid (https://www.cpap.com/productpage/RespCa ... -Mask.html) over the ResMed Liberty because:

1. The Hybrid comes with all three sizes of mouth cushions. The Liberty only one.

2. The Hybrid has a built-in chinflap. The Liberty has no chinflap (Hybrid patent prevents this).

3. If you prefer the mask without a chinflap (as I do), the Hybrid chinflap can be easily cut away with a pair of scissors.

4. Some people have complained that the headgear on the Liberty mask is inferior to the headgear on the Hybrid Mask.

5. On cpap.com the price for the Hybrid Mask is $119 and the price for the Liberty mask is $207 (Those clowns at ResMed!)

IMO the ResMed Liberty is a more expensive and inferior copy of the Innomed Hybrid.

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

roster

Post by roster » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:09 am

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

DocWeezy

Post by DocWeezy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:22 am

I've used both and agree with Rooster.

Never could get the Liberty to fit and not leak. Hybrid was easy and with a few modifications, it was great. Biggest advantage to the Hybrid (other than price!) is the fact that it so easily lends itself to customization because of the different sizes of mouth pieces and nose pillows it comes with.

Weezy