i got my machine i am confused Hi i got m

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cateyes221981

i got my machine i am confused Hi i got m

Post by cateyes221981 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi i got my machine i am confused though i gave them my perscription they kept it but like i did not see them set my machine to my needs? they just showed me how to turn it off an on? am i suppose to set my machine to my needs or what?

greatunclebill

Re: i got my machine i am confused Hi i got m

Post by greatunclebill » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:07 pm

return to them with your machine and ask them to explain the settings to you. nobody here is going to be able to tell you why your settings are set the way they are without speaking to your dme or your physician.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

cateyes221981

Post by cateyes221981 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:40 pm

well they told me th eonly button i am suppose to press is the on off switch

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:50 pm

You need to fill in your equipment under your profile.
Please use text, instead of pictures.
We cannot see what you have from here.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:52 pm

Cat
Your machine has been set by the DME...it is either set to a wide open set of pressures or to a specific one. The wide open set is so that they can determine where your optimum settings should be. DME's think they are the only ones that know how to set a pressure...not the case, most of us know how to tweek our own therapy. If you would fill in your profile with what type of machine you have, we can tell you how to check where your machine is set. You should have a copy of your rx...what happens if you hate that dme and want to change to another one. Ask them for a copy as soon as you can...its yours..legally. Fill in your profile and you will get help from others right away.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

cateyes221981

Post by cateyes221981 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:02 pm

resmed s9

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:09 pm

cateyes221981 wrote:resmed s9
There are many different s9's. Please look on it carefully and see if you can find other words on it. Like autoset, escape, elite...

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

cateyes221981

Post by cateyes221981 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:36 pm

autoset h5i

i was in chat yesterday talking to someone named karen i told her my perscription which was 9 and something else i went in chat to look at logs to get the pserction again but it wont let me look up hmm i wonder if she remembers?

i think my machine starts at 4? hmm

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:49 pm

I am going to send you a private message in a couple of minutes that will contain a link for the provider/clinical manual for your machine. It will show you how to get to the clinical menu so you can see what your machine is set at.

The S9 Autoset is a great machine. You have your choice in software that you can use with it.
ResScan or SleepyHead or both. I have information on SleepyHead in my signature line. You might find it easier to manage than ResScan. It certainly is faster.
If you want ResScan...check Uncle Bob's signature line here....memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=38643
Tutorial on using ResScan here....http://montfordhouse.com/cpap/resscan_tutorial/

I think you would also benefit from watching a video on the features of your new machine.
http://www.cpaplibrary.com/machines.html

There is a pretty steep learning curve for you to get through but take it in small chunks and you will soon have a good understanding about your machine and what it does and how you can monitor things.

One thing you need to do is go to the clinical menu and make sure that Sleep Quality is set to "ON" and not "Usage" because Usage only gives you hours of use and no useful data.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.