first night was ok

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cateyes221981

first night was ok

Post by cateyes221981 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:21 pm

my frist night was ok nose got stuffy so i turned humitiy to max so that made it bearable

then i got rain out really bad so now i have to put my machine lower than the bed

i notice or at least i think i get leaks here and there? i tighten my mask up throughout the night and think they stop? im not sure if they are leaks or not but like it goes silent afeter i tighten them but i go on my side and a bit of noise starts again? Dont know what it is to be honest its really wierd. Can small leaks here and there hurt us? I am sure it happens to everyone as no one sleeps perfect. I wonder if i should ask for nasel pillow instead.

Kairosgrammy

Re: first night was ok

Post by Kairosgrammy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:24 pm

You need to post which cpap and mask you are using. That will help folks respond better with advice that will make the process a bit easier. You do that through the user control panel located at the top left hand corner.
cateyes221981 wrote:my frist night was ok nose got stuffy so i turned humitiy to max so that made it bearable

then i got rain out really bad so now i have to put my machine lower than the bed

i notice or at least i think i get leaks here and there? i tighten my mask up throughout the night and think they stop? im not sure if they are leaks or not but like it goes silent afeter i tighten them but i go on my side and a bit of noise starts again? Dont know what it is to be honest its really wierd. Can small leaks here and there hurt us? I am sure it happens to everyone as no one sleeps perfect.

cateyes221981

Post by cateyes221981 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:10 pm

ok done i am so tired and dperessed today i want to cry

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:15 pm

It gets better, cat.
Hang in there.

Last edited by chunkyfrog on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohwhatanight

Post by ohwhatanight » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:34 pm

Welcome! I am pretty new here too (only 5 nights with the CPAP so far.) Everyone here has been very helpful.

I have a lot of problems with stuffy nose so I got a Rx nasal spray to use before I got my CPAP because I knew it would be an issue. I also take Mucinex (over the counter) before bed to clear away mucus. I sometimes use a sinus saline rinse too. Is there something you can use that might help? I suspect just cranking up the humidity isn't going to solve your stuffy head.

Also, I found out the hard way on night #2 that tighter isn't always better on the mask. If you look up your mask online there may be videos on how to fit it right. I woke up with big indentions in my face from making it too tight when it really was supposed to fit just barely resting on my face.

Good luck with everything!

amos

Post by amos » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:21 pm

cateyes,

Congrats on a good first night. It seems that you have figured out a few things for yourself. It sounds like your depression is like the post partum [in this case post first cpap night) blues.

amos

Kairosgrammy

Post by Kairosgrammy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:00 am

Cateyes, another place to go is youtube. There are a gazillion videos on various masks and how to fit them. Also, if you go to http://www.freecpapadvice.com/forum/, the guy that runs that particular forum is a sleep tech who also reviews masks etc. and might be able to help. Not recommending that you desert us for another forum but that one does have a "relative Expert" on board and he's very prompt usually about answering questions.