i have mild sleep spnea

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cateyes221981

i have mild sleep spnea

Post by cateyes221981 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:41 pm

i stop 7 times so my dr said we try me on a machine for am onth and see if it works

my problem is depression and constant tiredness i try everything pills exercise EVERYTHING but im always tired body is tried so he thinks it could be sleep apenea since i tested for mild sleep apnea

do you guys know a lot of people with mild sleep apena who got energy and happyness after they got on the cpap machine? i am 31 years old 20 pounds over weight even tho i dont look it . I am always bitchy also and confused and hate everything

so my pills do kinda work lexparo high dose my dr says the cpap machine should make the pills work better for depression/anxiety

YEAH I BEEN IN MENTAL THERAPY FOR TEN YEARS YEAH I SEEN MANY SHRINKS YEAH I TOOK ALL KINDS OF PILLS YEAH I BEEN TESTED FOR THYROID AND ALL KINDS OF STUFF YEAH I USE TO BE FIT AND WORKED OUT A LOT YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES I HAD HOBBIES YES I HAD DREAMS YES I HAD ALL KINDS OF SHIT!!!

JohnBFisher

Re: i have mild sleep spnea

Post by JohnBFisher » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:11 pm

With even mild sleep apnea, it is possible that the lack of oxygen during the night decreases the effectiveness of your sleep and thus increases your depression. Improving your sleep almost always helps everyone. It is not guaranteed. Nothing in life is guaranteed. But treating sleep apnea can and does improve depression.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

NightMonkey

Post by NightMonkey » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:23 pm

cateyes221981
I assume your doctor meant you stop breathing seven times per hour. This is 49 times in a 7-hour night. This is very unhealthy and could be causing your depression.

The sleep study will show in what positions you were sleeping when the stoppages occurred. Did the doctor review the positions with you?

Where are you located?

Do you sleep on your back? If so try sleeping on your sides or stomach exclusively, including naps, for the next two weeks and see if you feel better. Bookmark this thread and give us an update.
NightMonkey
Blow my oropharynx!

the hairy, hairy gent who ran amok in Kent

cateyes221981

Post by cateyes221981 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:29 pm

I slept for 5 hours 59 mins

and woke up 18 times

it doesnt matter anymore i get my machine on tuesday they said sleeping my back is great yes

breathing partially obstriution was 36 times this means every hour had 7 episodes of breathing difficulty.

i am diagnosed with mild sleep apnea my oxygen saturation highest is 97 percnet lowest is 91 they gave me all my data to keep with me EVERYTHING so i can have with me at home dont need to study they ahve all my details they did the study already now i have a machine on teusday i am very emo as u can see scared

my duration was 36 seconds tho average is 20 so that is what i am told can stress the body and mind

cateyes221981

Post by cateyes221981 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:45 pm

10x on my back

1x on my side

thats when i stopped breathing

i am in kingston ontario right now

NightMonkey

Post by NightMonkey » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:22 am

cateyes221981 wrote:10x on my back

1x on my side

thats when i stopped breathing

i am in kingston ontario right now
I would need to know how many minutes you slept in each position and what sleep stages you were in to make any conclusions about positional sleep apnea.

Let me ask if your diagnosis is for obstructive, central, or complex sleep apnea?

When you get a machine you should make sure it is one which is compatible with software you use to monitor your therapy - events, mask leak, etc. Most likely they will try to supply you with one that does not have this capability. Refuse it.

Are you aware that your anxiety and any other emotional problems could be solely caused by sleep apnea?
NightMonkey
Blow my oropharynx!

the hairy, hairy gent who ran amok in Kent

cateyes221981

Post by cateyes221981 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:58 am

obstructive

the machine is software compatable to the software at my drs clinic so they know that i am doing it proper

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:38 pm

cateyes221981 wrote:obstructive

the machine is software compatable to the software at my drs clinic so they know that i am doing it proper
Most of the time the only thing they are interested in is getting the insurance money for which they need only the hours used.
What you need however is to know hour by hour how your therapy is doing and for that you need a fully data capable machine that shows AHI, leak rates and a host of other nifty things.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

cateyes221981

Post by cateyes221981 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:53 pm

REMSTAR PRO WITH THE BROADBAND MODEM HEATED HUMIDITFIER ADVISED

that is the machine i am getting for rent tommorrow so it is data compatable i send the data to my tech and they look it over

i dont look over anything myself sincei am not a dr or anything i leave it to my dr my tech gives it to my dr and he looks it over and will report back to me i guess

they say they want me to get that machine because it is so data friendly or whatever my dr daid that not the sleep apnea store which are 2 seprate places

i dont pay anything for this month until i know the sleep apnea fixes my problem they say give the machine 1 month if i dont feel good in month give it back no charges no thing

i hope it works because i have really tried everything i just need some help i really do therapy pills exercise more therapy healthy diet just doesnt cut it for me anymore all i want to do is sleep 18 hours a day if i had it my way my dog will force me out of bed to exercise it thank god for that

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:54 pm

cateyes221981 wrote:REMSTAR PRO WITH THE BROADBAND MODEM HEATED HUMIDITFIER ADVISED

that is the machine i am getting for rent tommorrow so it is data compatable i send the data to my tech and they look it over

i dont look over anything myself sincei am not a dr or anything i leave it to my dr my tech gives it to my dr and he looks it over and will report back to me i guess

they say they want me to get that machine because it is so data friendly or whatever my dr daid that not the sleep apnea store which are 2 seprate places

i dont pay anything for this month until i know the sleep apnea fixes my problem they say give the machine 1 month if i dont feel good in month give it back no charges no thing

i hope it works because i have really tried everything i just need some help i really do therapy pills exercise more therapy healthy diet just doesnt cut it for me anymore all i want to do is sleep 18 hours a day if i had it my way my dog will force me out of bed to exercise it thank god for that
No you want to know your own data - just like a diabetic, you are the one in control, you are the one not sleeping properly, you are the only person who cares deeply tonight and every night. Do not leave your health in the hands of people who only care about getting paid to work on it.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Mary Z

Post by Mary Z » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:27 pm

I think one of the main purposes or outcomes from the forums is the empowerment to monitor and sometimes tweak our therapy and the ideal is to do just as you suggest, BlackSpinner. After this poster has tried the machine for a month, if it works and they go on long term therapy maybe then we can explain more about the "numbers" and teach them how to access that information. Not everyone wants to be involved as forum members in their therapy. Maybe they have a great doc and have faith in him/her. I think to intimate that everyone needs to monitor his/her own therapy when just beginning may be intimidating. In the beginning even though I was a nurse and familiar slightly with CPAP I didn't know I could check my own numbers and I was content. When I became more intrigued and began doing some research and found the forums I learned the tools to monitor my own therapy and now my knowledge and involvement pays off. I wouldn't have it any other way. If I did not check my numbers I would just think I was one of those people with chronic hypersomnia and not realize my apnea had become severe and my therapy not effective.

This person has mild sleep apnea. I too had mild sleep apnea in the first sleep test and was given the option of trying CPAP for my hypersomnia, my main symptom, or just wait and see. I was anxious to try CPAP as my hypersomnia was so severe. I jumped at the chance to monitor my own therapy when I became more interested, felt better and learned how to read that LCD screen. (and thank goodness I had a machine that made that possible). I don't use the software though I used to download and study my results and I'm thinking about using it again.

Just a different viewpoint, not trying to be argumentative, BlackSpinner.

I don't know this machine or how to access the data so maybe a short tutorial on how to do that and what the main numbers mean may tweak their interest.

cateyes221981

Post by cateyes221981 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:58 pm

so did fixing ur mild sleep apnea fix ur tiredness and depression?

Mary Z

Post by Mary Z » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:08 pm

cateyes221981 wrote:so did fixing ur mild sleep apnea fix ur tiredness and depression?
I'm not sure who you are asking, but I have not got my sleep apnea "fixed"yet. I am getting a new type of machine soon.

cateyes221981

Post by cateyes221981 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:15 pm

wow that is scary so the machine did not work or what