New (to me) mask sealant and remedies for dry mouth.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Mary Z

New (to me) mask sealant and remedies for dry mouth.

Post by Mary Z » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:47 am

Amazon has a number of products for scuba divers mask seal and also products for dry mouth. Even if you don't buy from them it will give you an idea of what is available.
I might have read it here- scuba divers mask sealant can be used on CPAP masks to improve the seal and prevent leaks. I ordered some from an online divers store. It comes in a tiny jar (at least mine did) and is food grade silicone. I used it last night and was very pleased. It puts the Macks silicone method to shame. The silicone came off my mask with a mask wipe and off my face with soap and water. It is very sticky. I went on Amazon and found many products available. Also products to use if you have a mustache.
I think this is a great product and should solve most mask leaks. Of course it cannot make up for an improperly sized mask, but for someone whose pressure needs change during the night I think it's excellent. The seal you got when you first put on your mask at a lower pressure (Auto and Bilevel) may not hold when you reach higher pressures- this sealant solves that problem.
Amazon (again just to see what is available) also has products to treat dry mouth.

Mary

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: New (to me) mask sealant and remedies for dry mouth.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:15 am

I wonder how the price per ounce compares with Lansinoh.

Pachyderm's Nose

Re: New (to me) mask sealant and remedies for dry mouth.

Post by Pachyderm's Nose » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:33 am

chunkyfrog wrote:I wonder how the price per ounce compares with Lansinoh.
1/4 ounce advertised for $10 for the mask seal and I think I paid $10.95 for 1.4 ounces of lansinoh. I've used the Lansinoh every night for almost 6 months and I doubt I've use even 1/4 of the tube so I'm sure the lansinoh is cheaper. I still might try the mask seal just for comparison.

Please have your equipment shown as text, it's much easier to tell what model you are using!