Eson mask sizing

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Oneeyedjack

Eson mask sizing

Post by Oneeyedjack » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:42 am

Hi,

I can't seem to find any sizing on the Fisher & Paykel Eson mask. Thinking of trying it out but need to know what size I should order. Cpap.com couldn't seem to help me out. I use size medium with the Comfortgel Original.

Thanks

Julie

Re: Eson mask sizing

Post by Julie » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:16 pm

Why don't you just call FP directly and ask about sizing?

Oneeyedjack

Post by Oneeyedjack » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:03 pm

Guess I will have to. You would think there would be a sizing guide.

Grand-PAP

Post by Grand-PAP » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Oneeyedjack wrote:Hi,

I can't seem to find any sizing on the Fisher & Paykel Eson mask. Thinking of trying it out but need to know what size I should order. Cpap.com couldn't seem to help me out. I use size medium with the Comfortgel Original.

Thanks
Hi Oneeyedjack,

I bought an Eson and used it for two nights. It is a fantastic mask, very comfortable and able to handle pressure over 20cm with no leaks. Plus no problems with side sleeping and rolling from side to side. Unfortunately, after the first night I had the beginning of the infamous nose bridge sore. The second night I used one of the soft gel nasal guards, but the sore was worse. So, it's another returned mask and back to the FitLife Total Face mask.

I used the sizing guide at this URL:

http://www.fphcare.com/CMSPages/GetFile ... dfdd39292b

The sizing guide indicated the Zest Plus and it fit perfectly. I wear a medium in other nasal and full face masks and a Large in FitLife Total Face Mask.

Good luck with it!

Oneeyedjack

Post by Oneeyedjack » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:52 pm

Thanks for the response. I have never had a problem with any mask Ive had with sores or anything. Hmm now you have me wondering if I should try it or not. I sleep on my side a lot and thought this would be a good one to try. Also thought of going to the pillow mask but it seems so different from what I use now. Weird I can't find a sizing guide anywhere I have looked.

Grand-PAP

Post by Grand-PAP » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Oneeyedjack wrote:Thanks for the response. I have never had a problem with any mask Ive had with sores or anything. Hmm now you have me wondering if I should try it or not. I sleep on my side a lot and thought this would be a good one to try. Also thought of going to the pillow mask but it seems so different from what I use now. Weird I can't find a sizing guide anywhere I have looked.
If you've tried other nasal masks without a problem with the nose bridge, then you shouldn't have a problem with this mask. In addition to the diffuser, I also like the elbow. Not only does it swivel, but it also is not in a "fixed" position and has some "play" in it, so it performs extremely well when you turn over. I would suggest that you give it a try.

Regarding the sizing guide, did you try the URL in my prior post? It looks like it is designed for all the F & P masks.

Oneeyedjack

Post by Oneeyedjack » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:14 pm

Thanks,checked it out quickly, will look at it more closely later. Just got an email from cpap.com saying there is no sizing information for the Eson.

Oneeyedjack

Post by Oneeyedjack » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:54 pm

Grand-pap do i just cut along the pink lines and see which one fits my nose the best?

Grand-PAP

Post by Grand-PAP » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Oneeyedjack wrote:Grand-pap do i just cut along the pink lines and see which one fits my nose the best?
Yes, that's what we did and it worded for me.

JO'M

Post by JO'M » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:15 pm

I took a size small in the comfort gel mask and an small in the ESON.

I've been wearing the ESON since August and have had no issues with sores anywhere on my face.
When I was fitted for it my RT told me I should be able to fit two fingers underneath the straps. If I couldn't then it was too tight. I move around a lot and have not had any issues with it shifting.

Oneeyedjack

Post by Oneeyedjack » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:40 am

Thanks JO'M. so do you like the Eson better than the comfort gel.