Battery Backup Design Works!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JohnBFisher

Battery Backup Design Works!!

Post by JohnBFisher » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:34 pm

Many moons ago, I put together a design for a battery backup system. I've changed my ASV unit twice since I created it. I finally had to replace the battery. And you know what? It continues to work like a champ!!

I now have it set up to act as my primary power source. So regardless of the cause any lots of per will not cause me to power loss for me machine. If there's power, then the charger will supply power to the ASV unit (an AirCurve 10 ASV unit). I'm using the DC converter, which can power the humidifier and heated tubing in addition to the unit. And it should give me several days off power.

Now let's hope I don't need it!

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

palerider

Re: Battery Backup Design Works!!

Post by palerider » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:29 pm

JohnBFisher wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:34 pm
Many moons ago, I put together a design for a battery backup system. I've changed my ASV unit twice since I created it. I finally had to replace the battery. And you know what? It continues to work like a champ!!

I now have it set up to act as my primary power source. So regardless of the cause any lots of per will not cause me to power loss for me machine. If there's power, then the charger will supply power to the ASV unit (an AirCurve 10 ASV unit). I'm using the DC converter, which can power the humidifier and heated tubing in addition to the unit. And it should give me several days off power.

Awesome... do you have a link to your post with details?

edit: is this it?: viewtopic/t89123/Battery-Backup-Design-V2.html

Also, it's *REALLY* good to see you around here again. When my step brother ended up needing an ASV, a lot of my knowledge on the subject came from obsessively reading your posts.

I can't thank you enough.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:26 am

John, glad to here all is going well with your system.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:26 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:29 pm
JohnBFisher wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:34 pm

Awesome... do you have a link to your post with details?

edit: is this it?: viewtopic/t89123/Battery-Backup-Design-V2.html

Also, it's *REALLY* good to see you around here again. When my step brother ended up needing an ASV, a lot of my knowledge on the subject came from obsessively reading your posts.

I can't thank you enough.
Yup. That's the link. I just took out the old battery, put in the new one. The terminals were different, but I had designed the connection to allow for different connections. It worked like a champ.

Glad previous info helped you and your step brother. That's the power of this forum .. by sharing experience we can help each other.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:28 pm

JDS74 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:26 am
John, glad to here all is going well with your system.
Thanks!