FitLife Total Face Mask - $60

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Grand-PAP

FitLife Total Face Mask - $60

Post by Grand-PAP » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:03 am

PLEASE NOTE:
Grand-PAP wrote:NOTE: An adapter is required to connect the FitLife to the hose.
Hi All,

I'm attaching this info to the original post and also at the end of the thread, to make sure members see it. First, you might want to read this thread . . .

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=84330&p=764889&hili ... c5#p764889

It discusses the fact that the FitLife mask needs an adapter to connect to the hose. Some of the posters indicated they got an adapter with their mask and others indicated they didn't.

I have two opened FitLife Masks and both have the adapter that reduces the elbow to allow the hose to connect. I didn't buy a separate adapter, so I honestly don't know if they came with the FitLife, or if I had them left over from some other masks I have had in the past. I have TWO FitLife masks that I bought through the Sears Market that were still in the package. I opened one and searched it thoroughly and it did not have an adapter. So, it may be that the masks through the Sears Market do not package the adapter.

This is a thread from one of the posts in the above thread:

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/hose-c ... igodigital

I'm pretty sure that this is the adapter I have and it works with the FitLife, but cpap.com also sells other adapters.

I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the need for the adapter.

http://www.sears.com/search=respironics ... T_REC_PRED

I have ordered from them twice and the masks were delivered promptly and shipping was free.

Last edited by Grand-PAP on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

49er

Re: FitLife Total Face Mask - $60

Post by 49er » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:03 am

Grand-PAP wrote:
Grand-PAP wrote:Respironics FitLife Total Face Mask (Large) on sale for $60.00
I have received several PMs expressing disappointment that members missed the FitLife Total Face Mask sale. I just checked and the Large mask is once again on sale for $60.00 at:

http://www.sears.com/search=respironics ... T_REC_PRED

I have ordered from them twice and the masks were delivered promptly and shipping was free.
I also wanted to add that I was able to purchase one from McDover, a forum member, for $30.00. So folks might want to check with him to see if he has any in stock before going to the sears.com. site.

Excellent service by the way as it was delivered very promptly.

49er

johnthomasmacdonald

Post by johnthomasmacdonald » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:12 am

Thanks! I just ordered two- saved me around $200 - I owe you a beer - a BIG one

Vader

Post by Vader » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:14 pm

That seems like a really great price. I wonder why so cheap?
I never knew Sears sold CPAP stuff! But it would be worth checking out for the price.

Vader

cosmo

Post by cosmo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:32 pm

This is for sleeping on your back. Isn't that a no go for us?

Grand-PAP

Post by Grand-PAP » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:44 pm

Vader wrote:That seems like a really great price. I wonder why so cheap?
I never knew Sears sold CPAP stuff!
Hi Vader,

It actually isn't Sears, it is Sears Market. The masks actually come from LiveGood Medical. Again, they ship promptly and shipping is free.

I don't understand why they are so cheap either. But, they have done this on at least three occasions. Interestingly they only sell the Large for that price. I have never seen the Small advertised at a discount. Plus, I have never seen them have an ad for the Extra Large.
cosmo wrote:This is for sleeping on your back. Isn't that a no go for us?
Hi Cosmo,

I am a very active sleeper; roll from side to side often. Plus, if I ever to settle on my back, my ASV usually starts puffing so strongly that I turn to my side.

Below I have pasted the URLs for to threads regarding the FitLife. Rather than repeat the thoughts here, if you have a potential interest in the FitLife, you might want to read them. The most significant issue in them is the use of a sweatband or a chinstrap to stabilize the mask. It works so well, the mask doesn't leak with constant repositioning.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=81649&p=742083&hili ... fe#p742083

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=81851&p=748045&hili ... fe#p748045

qmx

Post by qmx » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:53 pm

I bought one from Sears for $60 about a month ago. Prompt delivery. Not for me though. It immediately fogs up and you can't see. It was too warm inside there for me also. Also, I am a side sleeper and the wideness of the mask comes in contact with the pillow and breaks the seal frequently. I returned it for a full refund with no problem. I have great luck with my Mirage Quattro mask.

Grand-PAP

Post by Grand-PAP » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:21 pm

Grand-PAP wrote:NOTE: An adapter is required to connect the FitLife to the hose.
Hi All,

I'm attaching this info to the original post and also at the end of the thread, to make sure members see it. First, you might want to read this thread . . .

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=84330&p=764889&hili ... c5#p764889

It discusses the fact that the FitLife mask needs an adapter to connect to the hose. Some of the posters indicated they got an adapter with their mask and others indicated they didn't.

I have two opened FitLife Masks and both have the adapter that reduces the elbow to allow the hose to connect. I didn't buy a separate adapter, so I honestly don't know if they came with the FitLife, or if I had them left over from some other masks I have had in the past. I have TWO FitLife masks that I bought through the Sears Market that were still in the package. I opened one and searched it thoroughly and it did not have an adapter. So, it may be that the masks through the Sears Market do not package the adapter.

This is a thread from one of the posts in the above thread:

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/hose-c ... igodigital

I'm pretty sure that this is the adapter I have and it works with the FitLife, but cpap.com also sells other adapters.

I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the need for the adapter.

Vader

Post by Vader » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:50 pm

My Fitlife Total Face from Sears Marketplace arrived without the adaptor also.
It has an orange colored connection, unlike the clear plastic version that they show on the website. Luckily I had an adaptor that came from a Mirage Activa, from my ancient collection of old cpap masks.

Vader

n0hardmask

Post by n0hardmask » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:57 am

Vader wrote:My Fitlife Total Face from Sears Marketplace arrived without the adaptor also.
It has an orange colored connection, unlike the clear plastic version that they show on the website. Luckily I had an adaptor that came from a Mirage Activa, from my ancient collection of old cpap masks.

Yup, same thing happened to me Saturday afternoon. USPS drops off the FitLife and it lacks the gender/size adaptor. Fortunately had one from some previous hosing, so it worked.
Now to learn how to adjust my head so I don't dislodge the mask while flipping from side to side. It surely isN'T my soft SleepWeaver!!

just got a strange message: realized I had a typo, tried to back up edit and resubmit.. You cannot post so soon after your post

Don't know what I did to hide the Equipment?! new SleepWeaver Anew-NOT hard!, Quattro ffm, S9 VPAP ADAPT. Sobakawa bead pillow
Sleepyhead, Rescan4; ZEO Bedside -not used
Serenity
Newbies:Log in; then please input your equipment 2 your profile.

Vader

Post by Vader » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:08 am

n0hardmask wrote: Yup, same thing happened to me Saturday afternoon. USPS drops off the FitLife and it lacks the gender/size adaptor. Fortunately had one from some previous hosing, so it worked.
Now to learn how to adjust my head so I don't dislodge the mask while flipping from side to side. It surely isN'T my soft SleepWeaver!!

just got a strange message: realized I had a typo, tried to back up edit and resubmit.. You cannot post so soon after your post
Does your mask have the orange colored elbow? I heard there is also a blue elbow that's not vented (????)

Vader

Grand-PAP

Post by Grand-PAP » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:49 am

Vader wrote:Does your mask have the orange colored elbow? I heard there is also a blue elbow that's not vented (????)
Below are pictures of both masks. They appear to be identical. However, the ODD THING is that the one with the BLUE elbow has System One Resistance of X1 and the one with ORANGE elbow has System One Resistance of X2.

n0hardmask

Post by n0hardmask » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:04 am

Vader wrote:
n0hardmask wrote: Yup, same thing happened to me Saturday afternoon. USPS drops off the FitLife and it lacks the gender/size adaptor. Fortunately had one from some previous hosing, so it worked.
Does your mask have the orange colored elbow? I heard there is also a blue elbow that's not vented (????)
Yes it does, and I got to try it out immediataely, for a minute or so... my SD card decided to go corrupt when I put it in to start up the machine, so after wondering why I wasn't getting air, I finally took off the mask... put on glasses, and read the card error.
So far, not being able to wear glasses is my no 1 gripe.. not sure how this FFM will do in Texas summers- 8 months of the year

Don't know what I did to hide the Equipment?! new SleepWeaver Anew-NOT hard!, Quattro ffm, S9 VPAP ADAPT. Sobakawa bead pillow
Sleepyhead, Rescan4; ZEO Bedside -not used
Serenity
Newbies:Log in; then please input your equipment 2 your profile.

Vader

Post by Vader » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:41 pm

The masks in the above pics have elbows that are "clear"(not BLUE) and ORANGE. There is a third different type that actually is a BLUE color, but that does not have a regular exhaust port like the CLEAR and ORANGE ones do.
The BLUE style is used ONLY for ventilator type use, and is generally not available at retail outlets.
According to the Respironics spokesperson that I talked to, the CLEAR and ORANGE types both vent CO2 like most regular cpap masks.

Vader

nebraskan1

Post by nebraskan1 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:39 pm

What is the function of that little stopcock port to the left and slightly behind where you hook your hose into the FitLife Mask? It looks like you can pull the silicone plug out of it. I don't see any explanation for it with the instructions for the mask.