ASV - AirCurve 10 vs. DreamStation ASV

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Grand-PAP

ASV - AirCurve 10 vs. DreamStation ASV

Post by Grand-PAP » Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Haven't posted for several years. I've searched, but can't find any directly related postings, so . . .

I'd like to ask, particularly from experienced ASV users, your opinions regarding the AirSense 10 vs. DreamStation ASV. And also your opinions regarding how the new units compare to Respironics System One AutoSV and the Resmed S9 ASV.

After five years and two month, and 11,931.6 therapy hours, my Respironics AutoSV has died. I have an appointment with my Doc to get a Rx for a replacement and I haven't been keeping up with the advancements with the new equipment.

Any insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

robysue

Re: ASV - AirCurve 10 vs. DreamStation ASV

Post by robysue » Wed May 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Grand-PAP,

One important question: Were you sleeping well with the Respironics AutoSV? And feeling well in the daytime?

If the answer is yes, then there's a case to be made for sticking with the PR Dreamstation since the AutoSV algorithm would be the same.

On the other hand, if you think that you could/should have been feeling better with therapy, switching to the Resmed ASV algorithm might be worthwhile.

Grand-PAP

Post by Grand-PAP » Wed May 03, 2017 1:53 pm

Robysue wrote:
Were you sleeping well with the Respironics AutoSV? And feeling well in the daytime?
Yes, I have had a favorable therapy with the AutoSV. However, you've hit on one of my concerns. When I first started ASV therapy there were many posts regarding the algorithms for the S9 VPAP Adapt and the Respironics AutoSV. I used both machines and actually preferred the S9, which seemed to "adapt" to my breathing and the AutoSV appeared to always fight me to "adjust" to it. It has been a five year dance that the AutoSV always lead. So, my concern was to hopefully get some feedback from ASV users of the new machines and how they compare to the old.

My original Doc sort of insisted on the Respironics, so I went along with his request. We have moved and my appointment is with a different Doc and I "hope" I will have more input into the decision.

Based upon my original experience with the S9, I would prefer to have the AirCurve, but I would appreciate any advice from current users of both machines.

klv329

Post by klv329 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:35 pm

If the respironics had worked for me, I would have used it instead of resmed because the respironics provided a gentler therapy. But resmed asv gets the job done, so that's what I use.

tmiker

Post by tmiker » Wed May 03, 2017 3:41 pm

I was in the same boat and transitioned to the Resmed Aircurve ASV (mostly based on price/availability). When I got my PRS1 ASV about 5 years ago, Resmed had fixed EPAP only. Resmed subsequently added a min and max EPAP range capability on later S9's and also with the newer Aircurve. Only real difference I know of other than the "feel" others have mentioned.

Grand-PAP

Post by Grand-PAP » Wed May 03, 2017 5:02 pm

Thanks tmiker,

Appreciate the info.