You are allowed to browse our Sites without giving us any personal information about yourself. Once you have chosen to provide us with your personal information, you are no longer anonymous to us, and you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States. We are allowed to collect and store the following personal information:
- names, email addresses, phone numbers, physical contact information, and sometimes credit card or other financial information used for verification of identity or payment for purchases;
- transactional information or data based on any of your activities on the Sites;
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- any correspondence or information submitted or sent through or on our Sites, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our Sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- other information from third parties, such as such as demographic and traffic data, prescriptions, or for example, if you incur a debt to CPAPtalk.com, we may run a credit check, as permitted by law, to collect such a debt; or if the information you provide cannot be verified, we may ask you to send us additional information.
We do not sell your personal information to, or share it with third parties for their marketing purposes. However, we are allowed to conjoin your information with data we obtain through third parties and make use of it in such a way that enhances and customizes our services, content and advertising. We may also combine your data with information collected from other U.S. Expediters, Inc. (CPAPtalk.com) related websites, for the same purposes.
Our main goal in the collection of personal information is our attempt to give you a secure, effective, easy to use, personalized experience. You grant CPAPtalk.com permission to use your personal information in the following ways:
- to proffer the services and customer assistance that you request;
- to resolve disputes, collect monies, and troubleshoot issues;
- to enforce our User Agreement, and defend against possible prohibited or illegal actions;
- to personalize, measure, and enhance the services, content, and advertising offered on CPAPtalk.com and related Sites;
- to provide you with information regarding special offers, website or policy updates, and targeted communications;
- to examine information for accurateness, and verify it with third parties.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a Customer Review or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information as outlined below:
- we may share your information (including and without limitation, personally identifiable information) with our subsidiaries and affiliates, and related websites (the Sites). For example: to help identify and defend against potentially illegal activity as well as providing joint content and services;
- contracted third parties who help with our business operations such as investigation of fraud, or bill collection;
- as required by federal, state or local law, judicial or administrative proceedings, or law enforcement and only as much information as is necessary and required for the specific verifiable request or proceeding;
Without limitation to the preceding, in every attempt to honor your privacy and our capacity to keep CPAPtalk.com liberated from problematic users, we will in no way else wise reveal your personal information to governmental agencies, law enforcement, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order, or materially comparable legal proof and documentation, with exception if we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is required to preclude impending bodily injury or financial loss or to inform law enforcement about potential violations of the law.
Some pertinent things you should be aware of regarding cookies are that:
- cookies are used to assist us in identifying you and to help keep you logged-in which allows you to input your password less often during a session;
- most cookies that we use are systematically eliminated from your hard drive at the end of a browser session or when you log off of CPAPtalk.com;
- you have the ability to deny our cookies if your web client allows, although in so doing you may prevent or limit access to certain areas, features, or proper functionality of our Sites;
- you might receive cookies from a third party on particular pages of our Sites that we in no way control or regulate.
Protecting Your Account
The password you choose is indispensable to access your account. Use a combination of unique identifiers (letters, numbers, and characters), and do not give away your CPAPtalk.com password to anyone. If for some reason you decide to give away your password or your personal information to others, be aware that you are accountable and liable for any and all activity executed under your account. If your password is compromised, you may lose considerable authority over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Accordingly, if for any reason you have revealed or lost control of your password, then you should notify CPAPtalk.com and change your password without delay.
Viewing and Making Changes to Your Personal Information
You may view and change much of your personal information by logging into your account at CPAPtalk.com. You are required to revise your personal information quickly when a change occurs or if it is erroneous. Upon your request, and as soon as it is reasonably practicable, your account will be terminated and your personal information archived, based on your account activity and if allowed under subsequently relevant laws. We do keep a record of personal information from terminated accounts to abide by legal requirements, avert fraudulent activity, collect monies due to us, resolve disputes, regulate issues, cooperate with any investigations, enforce our CPAPtalk.com User Agreement, and likewise take other actions legally allowed.
Protecting and securing your information is of the highest priority to us. We consider the data we collect and your personal information to be an extremely valuable asset that should be protected. Your information is stored and processed on dedicated servers located in the United States that are protected by physical and technological security measures. We use many methods in good faith to safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access. However, as you may be aware, third parties may illegally intercept or access transmissions of your personal data or exchanges of information over the Internet, and there is the possibility that users may mistreat or mishandle your personal information that they find or gather during your interactions on the CPAPtalk.com website. Consequently, while we go to great lengths to safeguard your privacy, we in no way guarantee, and you should not have the expectation, that your personal data or exchanges of information over the Internet will always remain private. Here is more about the security of your personal information.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts personal information you send to CPAPtalk.com.
- Email messages are not typically secure so we do not recommend sending us any critical financial information such as credit cards numbers, bank account numbers, or similar information via email. If you choose to provide this type of information via email, you do so at your own risk.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off of your CPAPtalk.com account when finished using a shared computer.
Personal Health Information