Covert Operations (Dont Tell)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
2 B Sleeping Soundly

Re: Covert Operations (Dont Tell)

Post by 2 B Sleeping Soundly » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:13 am

chunkyfrog wrote: Stupid seems to have the run of the planet--no international (or ethical) boundaries observed.
Gazhacks wrote: Now Im really lost ???

Gazhacks,

I think it is in reference to the Doctors who feel we would harm ourselves by tracking and making educated changes in our therapy. I could be wrong though...

John

Last edited by 2 B Sleeping Soundly on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
One time a cop pulled me over for running a stop sign. He said, "Didn't you see the stop sign?" I said, "Yeah, but I don't believe everything I read." -- Steven Wright

Gazhacks

Post by Gazhacks » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:18 am

I thought I was reading a different post! As for the doc's it comes down to who you trust more them or yourself. I WILL change my base rate and when I go back it will be the 3rd degree why I did it and why I didnt contact them to do it blah blah blah and if I mention any forums I will be told that them kind of people will kill someone one day, funny thing is they never ask for my opinion. Im just the naughty school boy who should touch things I know nothing about, Bad boy!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:35 am

OMG!
I did mean dumb docs.
You realize that a medical student has the same grade requirements to pass his classes.
Unless your doc was at the top of his class; you could have gotten one of the others.
Some grading is done on the curve--maybe even in medical school.
And cheating can happen in any school.
--Not a good thought--IMHO.

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 am

Gazhacks wrote:I thought I was reading a different post! As for the doc's it comes down to who you trust more them or yourself. I WILL change my base rate and when I go back it will be the 3rd degree why I did it and why I didnt contact them to do it blah blah blah and if I mention any forums I will be told that them kind of people will kill someone one day, funny thing is they never ask for my opinion. Im just the naughty school boy who should touch things I know nothing about, Bad boy!
I've posted this before, but....

You don't tell a person with hypertension to "just take your medicine and everything will be all right." The hypertensive needs to monitor their pressure several times a day.

You don't tell a diabetic to "just take your insulin, and everything will be all right," because it might not be! I have diabetic friends who test upon rising, before breakfast, two hours after breakfast, before lunch, two hours after lunch, before dinner, two hours after dinner, and at bedtime, and at any other time they're feeling off. The same bean counters who want to limit my access to MY medical information are trying to claim that once a day is enough.

Without data, I would not have known that my settings were CAUSING central apneas. With data, I was able to see what was happening, discuss it with my doctor and get my settings changed to the ones I needed.

I have said this before and I will say it again: I live in my body. No one knows it better than I do. I may consult a medical practitioner for advice, but no one, and I do mean NO ONE tells me what I can or cannot do.

That includes getting the information I need to make informed decisions about my health!

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

Gazhacks

Post by Gazhacks » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Kiralynx wrote:
Gazhacks wrote:I thought I was reading a different post! As for the doc's it comes down to who you trust more them or yourself. I WILL change my base rate and when I go back it will be the 3rd degree why I did it and why I didnt contact them to do it blah blah blah and if I mention any forums I will be told that them kind of people will kill someone one day, funny thing is they never ask for my opinion. Im just the naughty school boy who should touch things I know nothing about, Bad boy!
I've posted this before, but....

You don't tell a person with hypertension to "just take your medicine and everything will be all right." The hypertensive needs to monitor their pressure several times a day.

You don't tell a diabetic to "just take your insulin, and everything will be all right," because it might not be! I have diabetic friends who test upon rising, before breakfast, two hours after breakfast, before lunch, two hours after lunch, before dinner, two hours after dinner, and at bedtime, and at any other time they're feeling off. The same bean counters who want to limit my access to MY medical information are trying to claim that once a day is enough.

Without data, I would not have known that my settings were CAUSING central apneas. With data, I was able to see what was happening, discuss it with my doctor and get my settings changed to the ones I needed.

I have said this before and I will say it again: I live in my body. No one knows it better than I do. I may consult a medical practitioner for advice, but no one, and I do mean NO ONE tells me what I can or cannot do.

That includes getting the information I need to make informed decisions about my health!
Oh yes, Now thats an atitude I can relate too, my partner has diabetes too and I used that argument but they just rant on about other things, ITS MY BODY! AND MY DATA! Thanks for all the messages

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:30 pm

Gazhacks wrote:
Sweaty sock indeed, I'm an Englishman abroad my friend, I just love the clean air up here.
Scotland abroad?

I'm an Englishman in Arizona who is actually half Scottish.
The NHS is a rough deal on OSA. Its not a national service at all, the NHS is all setup as individual trusts and the doctors think they are gods, they all do OSA differently and the pulse oximeter is often given before a study. Even when diagnosed with OSA i've had a friend told it could be a 2 year wait for a machine due to budget shortfalls etc. And then the joke is they pay patients welfare to be off work "on the sick" during the wait for a machine. Got a humidifer on the NHS? you struck gold.

You've done well, you have a machine, you are informed and you get the idea that you could be your own best therapist. Priceless

Good luck and enjoy the fresh air.

Harry for England

Gazhacks

Post by Gazhacks » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:19 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote:
Gazhacks wrote:
Sweaty sock indeed, I'm an Englishman abroad my friend, I just love the clean air up here.
Scotland abroad?

I'm an Englishman in Arizona who is actually half Scottish.
The NHS is a rough deal on OSA. Its not a national service at all, the NHS is all setup as individual trusts and the doctors think they are gods, they all do OSA differently and the pulse oximeter is often given before a study. Even when diagnosed with OSA i've had a friend told it could be a 2 year wait for a machine due to budget shortfalls etc. And then the joke is they pay patients welfare to be off work "on the sick" during the wait for a machine. Got a humidifer on the NHS? you struck gold.

You've done well, you have a machine, you are informed and you get the idea that you could be your own best therapist. Priceless

Good luck and enjoy the fresh air.

hahahahahahahaha

Uncle Bob my cousin abroad LMAO! ..and yes I have a humidifier lol Its not too bad in Scotland compaired to England but each appointment is like 18 months apart and I cant aford to just slipp my mask on and check nothing! I NEED TO KNOW

Harry for England

portiemom

Post by portiemom » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:36 pm

My Sleep( Friggin) Genius had 30 hours of study to graduate and get her title! Now let me see....I should trust my breathing treatment to her.........yeah right!

Starlette

Post by Starlette » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:51 pm

There is really two ways of looking at this:

1) You've joined a forum of cpap, apap and xpap rebels that go against the medical grain in taking control over their health and demand knowing their data and having control over their machines in pursuit of quality sleep.

or

2) You've joined a forum littered with DME's, medical personnel and medical police who have gone covert and disguised themselves as everyday common folk such as myself to find out who the offenders are such as yourself that tweak their machines without authorization from an authorized medical "professional" and possess software to review their data. So, you've been busted! You are hereby expected to turn in your xpap, mask, xpap paraphernalia, data reading software, SD cards and the like to the proper authorities. You have 3 days to turn in all xpap related stuff or the little men in the little white coats will come to your home to search and seize and take you away.

I for one have NEVER tweaked my machine and NEVER used SH software, AND I ALWAYS believe EVERY word my DME tells me
If you don't believe my words, check out my amazing halo above my head.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:46 pm

I'm still trying to get that one little green finger to go up by itself. . .

Gazhacks

Post by Gazhacks » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:03 pm

Whats a DME? Can I give them the finger? and if need be will a cpap fit up a doctors rectum? answers on a postcard to...............

tetragon

Post by tetragon » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:04 pm

Gazhacks wrote:Whats a DME? Can I give them the finger? and if need be will a cpap fit up a doctors rectum? answers on a postcard to...............
The DME is where I bought my machine. Their quality may vary; my first RT made some rather ridiculous statements (such as stating that the main difference between the S9 Escape and the S9 Elite is auto-on/off), and my current one seems to be pretty good about data and getting the setup working well. As for rectal insertion, I think this one might fit: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/transc ... etics.html.

DrPepper00

Post by DrPepper00 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:11 pm

Gazhacks wrote:Whats a DME? Can I give them the finger? and if need be will a cpap fit up a doctors rectum? answers on a postcard to...............
DME stands for Durable Medical Equipment. In the US, there are companies that specialize in supplying Durable Medical Equipment such as crutches, hospital beds, wheel chairs, etc. to patients. Some specialize in just xpap equipment. These suppliers are referred to as DME's. They have RT's (Respitory Therapists) on staff. In the US, we can shop around for a DME that accepts whichever insurance we have and will give us the machine we want. It is an imperfect system, but we do have a choice in DME providers. Some are better than others.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:15 pm

For the insertion phase, I would pass on the Transcend (might actually be a good fit--considering relative scale.)
--and it does have its redeeming features. . .
I would lean toward anything with "Escape" or "Plus" in the name and just haul out me trusty crowbar!

Gazhacks

Post by Gazhacks » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:21 am

Seems like DME's are not all nice and it would be a crowbar (jimmie) it would be a shoe horn