Covert Operations (Dont Tell)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Gazhacks

Covert Operations (Dont Tell)

Post by Gazhacks » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:01 am

Does anyone know if downloading data onto a card will be detected by my machine? Also will the data on the machine be deleted after I have downloaded onto the data card. I ask this as we are not allowed or is frowned upon by medical staff in my country and I would like to get my data without there knowledge any advise is much appreciated, thanks

nanwilson

Re: Covert Operations (Dont Tell)

Post by nanwilson » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:14 am

No, no and no. The machine will not tell nor will the card....nor will we There are not any cpap police in any country, you are safe. The medical profession may frown on it but there is nothing they can do to you....hmmmm many torturous things come to mind, brass knuckles, a ruffian to come take out your kneecaps.........................
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Gazhacks

Post by Gazhacks » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 am

When I complained about it, I was called into the hospital and given the 3rd degree, told they can take the machine of me and (You'l like this) Forums should be banned as they are responsable for a lot of damage to patients and could kill people with thier advise! That came from one of the top doctors in Scotland.

I got my MP onto them but he was bogged down in red tape. I backed down and now if Im looking at results on my pc the curtains are blackout curtains and I wear full camo, just incase he's got a tracking devise. Better go now your advise could kill Shhhhh thanks

Maxie

Post by Maxie » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:38 am

After reading this forum I called my RT and asked for his "permission" to read my card. He seemed a little surprised that I could do it and even more when I said I had access to the software. THANKS, new friends!!! He said he had no problem at all with me looking at my own data and to email him if I have any questions. Previously he had not given me his email address. I told him that I am an old geek and it would all be fine. LOL

49er

Post by 49er » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:49 am

Gazhacks wrote:When I complained about it, I was called into the hospital and given the 3rd degree, told they can take the machine of me and (You'l like this) Forums should be banned as they are responsable for a lot of damage to patients and could kill people with thier advise! That came from one of the top doctors in Scotland.

I got my MP onto them but he was bogged down in red tape. I backed down and now if Im looking at results on my pc the curtains are blackout curtains and I wear full camo, just incase he's got a tracking devise. Better go now your advise could kill Shhhhh thanks
Boy, as one who would have given up on my cpap treatment without this forum, that doctor greatly offends me.

Ask him to give you an example of a forum causing alot of damage to patients. i will bet the SOB can't.

This jerk needs to understand that the days of doctors being the rulers in medical treatment of patient is over. He needs to realize this is 2012 and not 1900 and that patients are equal partners in their care. Actually, we are in charge as it is our health and body.

Ok, rant over.

49er

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:54 am

Just shows you the craziness of the NHS sometimes.

In London I've had superb care from my consultant and sleep scientist, was referred and got an appointment in 4 weeks or so. On CPAP the week after diagnosis.

Once he realised I did look at the numbers and was taking an interest in my own therapy, and most importantly, knew what I was doing, I had an excellent discussion with him about the merits of changing pressure, effect of weight loss etc.

I suspect the OP's doctor reacted the way he did because he presumes that *no one* takes an interest or knows or can learn. Ridiculous as we all know!

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:59 am

Gazhacks wrote:When I complained about it, I was called into the hospital and given the 3rd degree, told they can take the machine of me and (You'l like this) Forums should be banned as they are responsable for a lot of damage to patients and could kill people with thier advise! That came from one of the top doctors in Scotland.

There have been studies done on that and they are totally wrong. The problem is that doctors find it annoying to have their solutions questioned.

You are far more likely to die from walking into a hospital then you are from reading forums on the internet. Very much more likely in fact.

http://www.jaoa.org/content/108/12/699.abstract

and Hospital-Acquired Infections, MRSA, Killed 48,000 Americans In One Year
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/180065.php

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Gazhacks

Post by Gazhacks » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:28 pm

Thanks guys and gals, I have shouted this from the roof tops even gone on about its my data and I have a write, well over here to see your data you have to pay the doctors for your freedom of data act and to see your charts. I gave up, it was like banging my head against a brick wall, Im probably classed as a trouble maker. I would love to have a doc or tech that was as good as yours and it would be fantastic to sit and discuss my OSA as its all over the place, one night my AHI is up round 16 the next night its 3 ??? It would be nice to phone the clinic and ask WHY!

...but at least I have you guys and gals from over the water

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Sometimes the best therapy is 'group therapy'--but the mighty gods of medicine sure don't like it much.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Beware: Turn in your Guns to the government and the Crap Poliece are free to come in the night and unhook your mask. Not in the USA. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:42 pm

They'll have to pry it from my cold, green claws.

jnk

Post by jnk » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm tellin'.

Newbie Woman

Post by Newbie Woman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:34 pm

Each country's medical care system seems to have its problems.

This forum is where I receive the answer to most of my questions. By the time I see my doctor, I have it down to a few questions that are specific to me. He knows I look at my data. He seems pleased that I do, and I'd think a "secure" doctor would encourage patients to learn as much as they can.

I wouldn't change my settings without talking to my doctor, but that's because he's on my side.

Gazhacks

Post by Gazhacks » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:45 pm

I havent seen a doctor for over a year and Ive still got 7 months to go before I see one, so for about 18 months I have to look after myself! Do these doctors have shit for brains? If they think Im just going to put on my mask every night without checking whats going on ??? I they found out and started being funny about it I would tell them where they can stick there hose!!! .....and then I'd sue them

Newbie Woman

Post by Newbie Woman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:50 pm

If you did that, and they did that, I wouldn't want to sleep with the hose ever again.