s9 vpap flipped over!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SneakerPumpernicle

s9 vpap flipped over!

Post by SneakerPumpernicle » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:36 pm

My s9 vpap turned on it's side ! I woke up in the morning to find that I had tugged my hose and the machine was on it's nose (hose in back was up, rounded part of machine was down) I have the humidifier, Does water leak into the machine when it's in that position? Did something bad just happen?

Pugsy

Re: s9 vpap flipped over!

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:40 pm

Something bad can happen but is not a given. Remove the tank and check to see if any water is inside the humidifier.
Dry it out if there is. If there wasn't much water in the tank when things got overturned the water could very well have just stayed in the tank.
Water and electronics don't mix well. Let things air dry and test machine prior to bedtime to see if it still works just in case you need to notify supplier that water seems to have messed things up.
Prior to these new tanks the chance of water leaking into the electronics was much greater. Now there is at least a chance that the water was contained.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

DrBucky

Post by DrBucky » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:28 pm

SneakerPumpernicle wrote:My s9 vpap turned on it's side ! I woke up in the morning to find that I had tugged my hose and the machine was on it's nose (hose in back was up, rounded part of machine was down) I have the humidifier, Does water leak into the machine when it's in that position? Did something bad just happen?
Same thing happened to mine. Luckily they seemed to design the s9 water tank so that water doesn't leak out if you pull it up by the hose as long as you don't fill it above the "max" fill line (take the water tank out of your c-pap and put it on its side to see for yourself). Now if you flipped the whole thing upside down, it would definitely leak. You are probably okay, I think a lot of us have done exactly what you did (I know I have).

msradar65

Post by msradar65 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:01 pm

I had the same problem with I first started. I bought waffle weave shelf liner from the Dollar store and then got some hose clips from our host. The clip has a velcro attachment to go around the hose and a clip which I attach to the bottom of mattress. I can roll all I want as far as that clip will allow. No more pulling on the machine.
Diagnosed 08/31/10. Titration 9/02/10. Started CPAP 11/01/10. Auto mode 10-15cm. Alternate mask GoLife for her. Back up mask Full-life full face w/Pad-a-cheek mask liner. Comtec CMS F50 wrist pulse oximeter. Sobakawa Cloud Pillow, Sleepyhead software

squid13

Post by squid13 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Sounds like you could use a hose management system. There are all types of systems, this is what I use https://www.cpap.com/productpage/HoseBu ... ystem.html

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

archangle

Post by archangle » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:34 am

Figure out some way to make it impossible for this to happen again. Strap it down, put it in a drawer, tie down the hose, do whatever is necessary.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

jonnybee

Post by jonnybee » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:27 am

Turn the unit around so that the hose outlet faces you when in bed. Cut some little squares of double-sided tape and put under the feet of the unit.
ResMed S9 Autoset
ResMed AirFit F20 mask with headgear

-tim

Post by -tim » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:35 am

Wast it sitting in a pool of water? If not, there should not be anything to worry about.

I just dumped mine on its side and it looks like the seal should contain the water. If it was full enough, water comes out of the hose hole.

Unplug the main machine. If you haven't moved the machine, lay it down at a 45 degree angle. Release the latch and detach it from the main PAP machine. Don't take off the hose. Keep the unit tilted that way and find a sink. Remove the hose and hope for no water. Then tilt the machine so its mostly in its normal position but tiled so water goes towards the right side. Open the lid and see where the water is on the top gasket. Remove the tank noting how much water is in it. How dry is it in the base? If its dry, you should be fine. Take the lid gasket off and dry behind it. You don't want mold to set up shop there.

Inspect your CPAP pump. Does it look like any water got in there? You can get a lint free cloth and dip in the hole and see if any water collected in there. If so, I would get it serviced since there are two sponges that will collect water and be a holiday home for mold spores.

The tank is water proof since it has to deal with pressure. The only way water can get to the electronics (which are on that end, you can see it through the window) is if its in pool of water.
If it looks like water it was mine, I would pop off the plastic cover of the H5i and make sure its very dry inside before using it again but then again, I just dumped mine upside down to find out what happens. To take the bottom off, remove the 3 torx (t10) screws, release the snap on latch without breaking it. There are two clips on the front, release those and then hit up the 4th on the back which is a real pain since is a locking snap so the silver (or pink) bit needs lifted up while the black bit is pushed back and the case is pried off. Something will break if the plastic is old and its better the lock than the black tab. They make screws so things are serviceable.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:51 am

That was yesterday; so how did it shake out?