no mask no xpap slept better feeling better

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
grayghost4

Re: no mask no xpap slept better feeling better

Post by grayghost4 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:02 pm

Trolling down the river on a Sunday night .... you can add the music

I see someone deleted the original post .... See below for repost of the original Post.

The person that deleted "alphabets" post should have deleted mine and all the rest of the posts in this thread ..
Last edited by grayghost4 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

RestlessinWoolley

Post by RestlessinWoolley » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:33 pm

Do you have a Humidifier and heated hose attached? I've actually had more relief from sinus issues at night with my full face mask on, I cannot just wear a nasal mask. It takes some time, and a few times waking up to adjust straps to get the seal right, but if I am a bit stuffy, ill hit preheat mode for 10 minutes so as soon as my mask goes on I have nice moist air hitting my nose and my congestion stops. I shortened my allergy season as well.. But if you are that restless with the machine, I would check with your sleep therapist to be sure they have the machine set correctly, if it has the modem they can access your machine remotley and see what the possible cause is. I've had my Sleep Doc, randomly adjust my machine a few times, just to see if my numbers improve, but for the most part her initial settings were dead on. Ive had 4 overnights in lab so far and 2 to go.. Good Luck with whichever way you go

"I hate the word 'Handicapped' and 'Disabled'. They imply that you are less than whole don't see myself that way at all". ~Aimee Mullins

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:36 pm

As I am sure you are aware, when a new person posts something like this, we ask them about their machine and ask them to post graphs of a typical night. Obviously, you have no intention of posting any of your graphs.

So, what are you hoping we will say?

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Gerald?

Post by Gerald? » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:57 am

You have been trying for some months now and have not been happy with the results. If recent experience has demonstrated that you feel much better without XPAP, perhaps discuss with you doctor about whether it is worth continuing to use XPAP at all.

As you have said "one size fits nobody", perhaps XPAP just doesn't fit you?

Because XPAP does not work for everyone there are a number of alternatives to try:
https://www.sleepassociation.org/cpap/c ... ernatives/

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:13 am

As much as it pains me to put it back....someone spam removed the OP in this thread so I will bring it back out in the open.
As distasteful as he is, spam removal just because we don't like someone because they aren't a nice person isn't allowed.

As to the question of what might be causing the nasal issues....I would look at the humidity settings. You might need more humidity or you might need less.Google cpap rhinitis to read up on humidity and xpap use.
Since it has been going on for weeks and weeks...I would look at changing the humidity as a starting point.

Or it could simply be allergies in general....or maybe the recent really bad stuff is just a common cold and if that's the case the cause is allergic response or a virus depending on which one.

xxyzx wrote:been sneezing at random for several weeks
then massive congestion yesterday
nose swelling up inside
constantly blowing stuff out the nose
could barely breathe at all so
could not use the mask last night

slept better than i have in weeks
felt better today
no naps today
not tired today
alert
full of energy too

i have not felt like i was sleeping soundly with the xpap
that xpap must be disturbing my sleep so much that i felt better without it last night when i got some good sleep for a change
this incident seems to confirm it

so is there some other cause to look for
or do i tough it out hoping to get used to it
and skip using it every couple of weeks so i can feel good for a change

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:20 am

RestlessinWoolley wrote: Good Luck with whichever way you go
... just as long as he goes.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:59 am

Pugsy wrote:

nose swelling up inside

felt better today
no naps today
not tired today
alert
full of energy too

that xpap must be disturbing my sleep so much that i felt better without it last night when i got some good sleep for a change

Soooo.... maybe his doctor, that has been telling him all these things that several of us have disagreed with, was not correct with his diagnosis.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:09 am

LSAT wrote:Soooo.... maybe his doctor, that has been telling him all these things that several of us have disagreed with, was not correct with his diagnosis.
Don't know what he was asking about as to "cause" was it cause of the nasal issues or poor sleep or whatever.
As usual is writing style makes it hard to know what he means. I took it to mean the cause of the nasal issues...I could be wrong but since nasal issues and humidity go hand in hand quite often with cpap use I decided to go in that direction.

I addressed the potential nasal issues just in case someone new reads this thread. Not so much because I wanted to help mr non pleasant personality award of the year.

Though I admit I did have a bit of a chuckle when he said he hadn't been sleeping well for weeks...I guess the ASV automatic everything isn't all it is cracked up to be. Set it and forget it doesn't always work. There's a reason for all those setting variables.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:15 am

Pugsy wrote:As much as it pains me to put it back....someone spam removed the OP in this thread so I will bring it back out in the open.
As distasteful as he is, spam removal just because we don't like someone because they aren't a nice person isn't allowed.

As to the question of what might be causing the nasal issues....I would look at the humidity settings. You might need more humidity or you might need less.Google cpap rhinitis to read up on humidity and xpap use.
Since it has been going on for weeks and weeks...I would look at changing the humidity as a starting point.

Or it could simply be allergies in general....or maybe the recent really bad stuff is just a common cold and if that's the case the cause is allergic response or a virus depending on which one.

nose swelling up inside

felt better today
no naps today
not tired today
alert
full of energy too

It is possible someone removed it for fear it would encourage a newbie to quit using the XPAP. (No, I didn't remove it).

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:24 am

jsielke wrote:
It is possible someone removed it for fear it would encourage a newbie to quit using the XPAP. (No, I didn't remove it).

Then they should have removed the entire thread
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:41 am

To remove an entire thread all posts would have to be removed starting at the most recent and work backwards and even then sometimes it doesn't work.
That's why you sometimes see a new topic and when you go to click on it you get a message so and so topic doesn't exist.
Forum software bug when that happens.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:29 am

It must be someone that "alphabet" really Pi.... off , But to be effective they will have to remove ALL of his/her 's post !

I did that a couple of years ago with a real nasty troll ... removed all of there posts from day one.
I think that got the message to Carolyn, and the person has never been see here again.

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:11 am

My take is that since several posters have agreed to ignore xxyzx, he is trying something even more radical to generate acrimonious discussions. Will not work in my case, this time anyway. He has proven to be a master at drawing people into his sick little world in the past, and who knows what the future will bring.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:23 am

TASmart wrote:My take is that since several posters have agreed to ignore xxyzx, he is trying something even more radical to generate acrimonious discussions. Will not work in my case, this time anyway. He has proven to be a master at drawing people into his sick little world in the past, and who knows what the future will bring.
Someone has taken to deleting my posts, wonder who that might be?

I am not deleting anyone's posts.

Getting this in the record.
Your mileage may vary

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:37 am

Why would I delete a post that proves you are the biggest buffoon to grace this forum in years?

To be clear, I have not deleted yours nor anyone's posts.
Your mileage may vary