Hoses...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
esangston

Hoses...

Post by esangston » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:33 am

So since switching my mask from the swift for her to the mirage for her, I've noticed I kinda miss that extra foot of hose. I've been sleeping on the couch for quite some time thanks to sleep apnea so my cpap is on my end table right over where my head is o the couch. The hose is just long enough now. I have a lil slack but if I we're to roll over on the couch, I wouldn't. I'm thinking of attempting to go back to my bed again, (last time I tried it, I couldn't breathe with my nasal pillows so I didn't sleep really well with the cpap and would take it off.) and when I did try it, that extra food of hose came in handy.... So should I consider getting a longer hose? If so, can I just order any hose from the cpap supplier or do I need a certain kind for my resmed s9? I'm kinda thinking having one as a backup may be a good idea with the fact we just got a new puppy lol...

Yes, I'm married to man with a bad case of narcolepsy. And yup, I have 3 kids under age 4... Adding OSA just seemed like the right thing to do! :-)

DrBucky

Re: Hoses...

Post by DrBucky » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:43 am

You can use any standard CPAP hose. You just have to tell the S9 that you are using a standard CPAP hose and not a slimline/climateline (the difference in diameter changes how the S9 monitors pressures).

Unfortunately I don't think they make longer climateline hoses.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:43 am

Yup, it would be a good idea to have a backup hose. You don't need an rx to get supplies, you only need that for a machine and masks. You can get a spare hose for $10, so no big deal. I bought one a year ago and I just swap them out every time I wash the used one. I figure that they will last longer that way.........barring any "accident" of course
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:51 am

If you are using the climate control hose, it comes in only one length. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... ntrol.html . The slimline hose is also the same length. I haven't seen a way to use a longer hose with the S9. But you can change the setting from climate control to slim line.

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

squid13

Post by squid13 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:23 am

I bought this new hose for the Sleep Weaver to use as the short hose between the full face mask and my climate line, works great. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/circad ... -tube.html It has the same inside diameter as the climate line.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

esangston

Post by esangston » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:22 pm

I just have a normal hose not the climate line... I think is 6ft but I could be wrong. Thanks for the info. I'll be picking one up soon. I like the idea of swapping them after cleaning. Everyone I clean my hose out its never dry when I go to use it! Probably would be if I didn't wait till the afternoon but mornings are crazy with out cpap care lol naptime is such a blessing lol

Yes, I'm married to man with a bad case of narcolepsy. And yup, I have 3 kids under age 4... Adding OSA just seemed like the right thing to do! :-)

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:33 pm

esangston: They do make an 8 ft hose (cpap.com sells them). Also, I said this a hundred times before but the hose buddy was the best cpap contraption I every bought. I don't know how it would work on a couch, but it was worth every penny. There are also other brands and a lot of folks have their home made version.

Sheriff

DrBucky

Post by DrBucky » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Bobby269 wrote:If you are using the climate control hose, it comes in only one length. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... ntrol.html . The slimline hose is also the same length. I haven't seen a way to use a longer hose with the S9. But you can change the setting from climate control to slim line.
They do make 24" hoses. So you could buy a coupler and use a 6' climate line connected to a 2' regular cpap hose. Not if the two different sizes would mess with the machine. You could avoid this concern by getting a climate line MAX (I think that's what the standard, non-slimline, climate line is called) hose and setting the machine up to use that. That way you should still have rainout protection for 3/4 ths of the hose's length but still have an 8' hose.