Mirage Quattro FX FFM - Feedback?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DreamDiver

Mirage Quattro FX FFM - Feedback?

Post by DreamDiver » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:28 am

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... ml?src=atg#
I'm thinking about trying a new mask.

I've been bouncing between the Probasics ZZZ FFM and the Mirage Quattro, but mostly using the Quattro, recently. I figure the Quattro FX might be easier to use with glasses since it doesn't have a forehead bridge.

Any successes/failures/caveats regarding the Quattro FX?

Gabe

Re: Mirage Quattro FX FFM - Feedback?

Post by Gabe » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:55 am

I recommend it. I've been using it for about 5 months and with good results on leaks.

DrBucky

Post by DrBucky » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Gabe wrote:I recommend it. I've been using it for about 5 months and with good results on leaks.

I switched to one after finally getting a data capable machine and realizes I was still having some pretty bad mouth breathing issues. It's more comfortable than a strap + pillows or nasal mask. I've used it for 3 nights now and really like it.

I have a full-beard and mustache so I do get some leakage, ranging from 0 to 5. Still well within the ability for my CPAP to compensate and much better than the amount I was losing out of my mouth.

I'm probably going to order some extra cushions/have this be my new full-time mask.

lovescuba

Post by lovescuba » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:49 pm

From one diver to another, give it a try. I love it, it is so light wieght, no leak isssues. A little tough to get adjusted initially. If you over tighten it will leak like crazy.
I am so comfortable in mine, sometimes during the night my nose itches, and I scratch my mask.

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:49 pm

I have been using the fx for about one year. I like it fine. For the first time the headgear and the cushion need to be replaced. These two items can be found on E-bay.

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

PST

Post by PST » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:36 pm

I've been thinking of moving from the Quattro to the Quattro FX. Has anyone made that switch and found it an improvement? My biggest issue is leaks, not comfort.

b360155

Post by b360155 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:53 pm

PST wrote:I've been thinking of moving from the Quattro to the Quattro FX. Has anyone made that switch and found it an improvement? My biggest issue is leaks, not comfort.
Check out this earlier poll:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73668&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

The Quattro FX has been my mask of choice for about 3 months now. When I saw this poll, my curiosity was piqued and I found a good deal on a Mirage Quattro on Craigslist so have tried that mask over the last couple of weeks. I've gotten excellent results and very low leak rates with both masks, but find the Quattro FX to be much more comfortable and less intrusive since it doesn't have the forehead support bar. The Mirage Quattro also seems to put more pressure on the bridge of my nose than the Quattro FX. If you read customer reviews it's really kind of hit and miss. Some have better luck with the Quattro FX while others do better with the Mirage Quattro. Try one out if you can before buying. I used the CPAP Library 1-week trial program to try the Quattro FX and liked it so bought it.

bayourest

Post by bayourest » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:59 pm

I am pretty happy with my quattro fx.
In my opinion it is much more comfortable than the quattro mirage or ultra mirage.
I recommend a padacheek liner for it....makes it a bit more comfortable.
I've been wearing this mask for 10 months. The leaks are not a problem for the most part and it is great to not have the dial on your forehead.
It seems that people either like it or hate it....so? give it a try.

snoringshrink

Post by snoringshrink » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:30 pm

Count me in as someone who really likes the Quattro FX. I must have tried five masks prior to this and I couldn't be happier. Minimal leak and very comfortable.

-- Make a fast friend...Adopt a greyhound!
-- visit http://greyhoundadoption.org

hitchup1

Post by hitchup1 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:29 pm

b360155 wrote:
PST wrote:I've been thinking of moving from the Quattro to the Quattro FX. Has anyone made that switch and found it an improvement? My biggest issue is leaks, not comfort.
Check out this earlier poll:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73668&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

The Quattro FX has been my mask of choice for about 3 months now. When I saw this poll, my curiosity was piqued and I found a good deal on a Mirage Quattro on Craigslist so have tried that mask over the last couple of weeks. I've gotten excellent results and very low leak rates with both masks, but find the Quattro FX to be much more comfortable and less intrusive since it doesn't have the forehead support bar. The Mirage Quattro also seems to put more pressure on the bridge of my nose than the Quattro FX. If you read customer reviews it's really kind of hit and miss. Some have better luck with the Quattro FX while others do better with the Mirage Quattro. Try one out if you can before buying. I used the CPAP Library 1-week trial program to try the Quattro FX and liked it so bought it.
Try a small pillow mask insert to stop the leaks.
I to had FX medium and i went to small because of leaks. Also i have dentures so the medium would leak to much and i had to have the mask so tight that my nose got so sore. The mediums fixed all that and more comfortable with out leaks.
Good luck
dick Hitchup1
S9 Auto With water

Maxie

Post by Maxie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:44 pm

The leaks weren't too bad but the bridge of my nose got so sore I had to abandon it.

Namlehse

Post by Namlehse » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:05 pm

I have a Quattro FX that I use, because I can't find anything better. I keep trying other masks but winding up back with this one. For me, I have a lot of issues with leaks, it's also a lot tighter than I would like, but that's due mostly to my pressure. For me, it "can work" but one of our of four nights I'll end up struggling to make it seal.

I was originally at 18cmH2O which caused many issues with this mask, I've since dropped to a range of 12-18 which helps, but it still had issues if it starts to push 14. I will also add, you can forget using ramp with a higher pressure and this mask, it just won't seal well for both pressures. I start my ramp at 9 which seems to do the trick..

bayourest

Post by bayourest » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:03 pm

Everyone's face is different but I am pretty sure that the mask liner by padacheek will prevent your nose from getting sore. My nose was terribly sore while I was on the quattro mirage and the mask liner solved all that. Since then I wouldn't even consider not having one.

lovescuba

Post by lovescuba » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:45 pm

Check my most recent post after a follow up with my sleep Doc.....WOW

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:48 pm

Everyone, thank you so much for your replies and feedback. I'm going to budget for a Quattro FX and give it a try.

I'm still using the Quattro most of the time right now. I think I might try it first http://www.cpaplibrary.com

Should I assume I'd use the same size I had for the Quattro?