dreams

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
algerwetmore

dreams

Post by algerwetmore » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:48 am

I have been using a cpap machine for 15 years and I cannot remember the last time I coud recall a good dream. Has anyone out there had similar problems? And does that mean I not going into good rem sleep cycle or that I am not just remembering the dream sequence. Thanks.

Denial Dave

Re: dreams

Post by Denial Dave » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:53 am

I used to have great dreams but, I haven't any dreams since I went on the hose about 70 days ago...

if you don't know where you are going... any road will take you there.... George Harrison

raptor5150

Post by raptor5150 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Since I have started cpap recently I dont remember having any dreams, Im told i dont talk in my sleep anymore either. I used to remember dreams but now i remember nothing.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:39 pm

Before cpap, I awakened from frequent, disturbing, strenuous dreams, getting very little quality sleep at all.
My Zeo says I spend considerable time in REM but can rarely remember any dreams--I don't miss NIGHTMARES.

cosmo

Post by cosmo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:41 pm

I don't recall any dreams either

Bons

Post by Bons » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:04 pm

I still wake up several times a night from dreams, and often first thing at night drift back into the last dream of the morning as I fall asleep at night....

Guess I have a few sleep disorders in addition to apnea.

JeffL

Post by JeffL » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:47 pm

I had dreams before CPAP, and I have dreams on CPAP. I'd hate not to dream. They are like interesting adventures. A problem I have recently is that I often fall asleep with an ear plug in my ear listing to talk radio. The radio show often either influences my dream, or interferes with it. Like last night, to keep it simple, i was dreaming that I was at a concert, and there was a row of rude people talking behind me, and I couldn't get them to shut up. It was the radio program.

Last edited by JeffL on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnthomasmacdonald

Post by johnthomasmacdonald » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:04 pm

I remember dreaming maybe once or twice a year at most since i was a teenager. I can't say that cpap has increased or decreased that number.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:13 pm

No rhyme or reason to when I dream or not, or remember them. I enjoy the giggly amusing dreams. Then there are the confusing disturbing ones...
I'm sure they all have a reason or a purpose, but I am not sure we should think so much about our sleep. We may be defeating it's purpose.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:02 pm

You will only remember REM dreams if you wake up enough to write them to your internal hard disk. Not remembering your dreams =/= no dreams.

Are you spaced out during the day? Do you hallucinate when you are awake( without artificial help) ? Is your memory shot?
If not, then you are probably having REM every 90 minutes on average.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

FastFission

Post by FastFission » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:14 pm

My experience is just the opposite. I wasn't really having many dreams before CPAP. Since I started, it's almost nightly.

wildflowertx

Post by wildflowertx » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:29 pm

I know I still dream. I don't always remember what they are, or maybe just fragments when I first wake up, but I know I dream.

Steph

Treatment started 11/27/12

stage0

Post by stage0 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:07 pm

As I remember, about 20% of the population does not remember dreams even though they reach rem stage. I would not stress over it. As long as you are awakening refreshed, do not have obvious memory recall problems and can associate short-term memories with long term memories...you most likely are getting to the REM stage. A simple way to find out, is to have someone watch you while sleeping. Wait until the last hour of normal sleep time. This is when most ppl dream. Have them watch your eyes "dancing" around under your eyelids. oh, have them use a red-light flashlight. They will be able to see without causing you to wake up. Hope this helps.

this link will show insights to REM stage.

http://www.sleepfoundation.org/article/ ... -and-sleep