Do you use both ResScan and SleepHead to analyze data?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Chuck Connors

Do you use both ResScan and SleepHead to analyze data?

Post by Chuck Connors » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:40 pm

Being new to this forum, I'm very much looking forward to finding out more about the data that comes from the S9 machine and how to read it. I'm going to purchase an SD card reader tonight and download the software. I've read about the Resmed ResScan software and how it's buried within their website someplace. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also, which is the best site from which to download the SleepyHead software? Finally, are most people using either ResScan OR SleepHead or are they using both for different reasons? Is there any overlap in the data provided by ResScan and SleepHead? Thanks. -Chuck-

rjezuit

Re: Do you use both ResScan and SleepHead to analyze data?

Post by rjezuit » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:31 pm

I use both. They both give you a good report with graphs. I found the Rescan software link somewhre on this site.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:12 pm

ResScan link...http://www.resmed.com/int/assets/html/s ... c=patients

ResScan tutorial video link..http://montfordhouse.com/cpap/resscan_tutorial/

I prefer SleepyHead but then I was using it for the Respironics PR S1 machine so I was used to it.
Give them both a try to see which you like the best.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Chuck Connors

Post by Chuck Connors » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:36 pm

Pugsy, the link that you sent me --- ResScan link...http://www.resmed.com/int/assets/html/s ... c=patients ---- is for version 3.16. I'm curious, when I filled out my profile, the section asking which software I use gives a person the option of selecting ResScan Version 3.3 or ResScan 3.7. Can you help me understand the difference in the 3 versions (3.16; 3.3; 3.7)? Thank you. -Chuck-

Suzjohnson

Post by Suzjohnson » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:23 pm

I already have Sleepyhead and really like it. After downloading ResScan and going through it for a while, it's hard to see any meaningful differences. Will probably uninstall it tomorrow unless I hear some compelling reasons to keep it. It's a huge file and I don't really need it clogging up the machine,

Suzanne

"We are what we repeatedly do, so excellence is not an act but a habit". ~ Aristotle

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:27 am

Chuck Connors wrote:I'm curious, when I filled out my profile, the section asking which software I use gives a person the option of selecting ResScan Version 3.3 or ResScan 3.7. Can you help me understand the difference in the 3 versions (3.16; 3.3; 3.7)? Thank you. -Chuck-
All the equipment choices in the drop down menu are things that cpap.com either sells or has sold in the past. If never available from cpap.com it won't show up as a choice. Back in 2009 Rescan did offer their software for sale and the version was 3.7 stated on the box.
I know that it appears that version 3.7 should be the newer version but it is not. I think it might have been really 3.07... and 3.3 was really 3.03. The link I gave you was indeed the latest version. Trust me on this one. I use it myself.
Since cpap.com no longer is allowed to sell the software it doesn't have any of the newer versions listed.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Stratman

Post by Stratman » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:12 am

I have both here. I only used ResScan when I had the S8.

I been using Sleephead for only a week but like it much better.

The only thing I could find in ResScan that was not in Sleepyhead is the Event duration times. The little boxes on top of each even with the time in seconds.

With Sleepyhead I have to open Flow Rate and expand it around the Event and calculate the time of the Event using the scale. Not a big deal but it would be nice if, when he gets time, he can add the times of each Event to Sleepyhead.

Unless someone figured a better way to get this information?
Tom...........

DrPepper00

Post by DrPepper00 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:27 am

On the details page there are tabs under the calendar for details, events, notes, etc. Click on the events tab and it will show the count of each type of event. click on the type of event to expand it to show the time and duration of each event. Click on the event and it will show you the detail graph around that event. Very nifty.

Chuck Connors

Post by Chuck Connors » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:05 am

Lots of helpful information in response to my question. Thank you!

Maxie

Post by Maxie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:21 am

I use both as I feel like one verifies the other. If there would happen to be a lot of variance in the readings I would think that something was wrong but so far they have been very close.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:28 am

When i used both i noticed that Sleepyhead produced slightly different numbers.
Also sleephead frequently crashes when its done downloading data. But the data appears to be fine once i restart it.

~UB

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:01 pm

I used ResScan for a long time before Sleepyhead came out. I have tried Sleepyhead and it is lighter and faster, but I did not find the additional information to be useful and got somewhat frustrated with trying to figure out the navigation and graph selection. I'm comfortable with ResScan so I continue to use it.
Try them both and see what works for you.

NateS

Post by NateS » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:30 pm

There are some things I like much better in the SleepyHead program, and there are some things I like much better in the ResScan program. Both can be obtained without any cost.

It only takes me a couple of minutes to drop my data into both programs each morning while the SD card is in my laptop, so I get the best of both worlds. Quick visualization via graphing styles is important to me, and I like some of ResScan's graphs better. But but SleepyHead's "Records" analysis and "Changes to Prescription Settings" with the red and green bands is priceless to me and ResScan gives you nothing like that.

Regards, Nate

Last edited by NateS on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Central sleep apnea AHI 62.6 pre-VPAP. Now 0 to 1.3
Present Rx: EPAP: 8; IPAPlo:11; IPAPHi: 23; PSMin: 3; PSMax: 15
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." —Groucho Marx

Stratman

Post by Stratman » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:09 pm

DrPepper00 wrote:On the details page there are tabs under the calendar for details, events, notes, etc. Click on the events tab and it will show the count of each type of event. click on the type of event to expand it to show the time and duration of each event. Click on the event and it will show you the detail graph around that event. Very nifty.
DrPep,

Thanks for the information on the Event Details. I just tried it and wow it really works nice. I like the way it expands automatically on the graphs so I can see each Event at the same time is having the duration times.

This is a great website.
Tom...........