Provent Therapy Bandaids

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Papop

Provent Therapy Bandaids

Post by Papop » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:42 am

Hello folks. New to the forum and thought I'd sign up to see what's going on in the world of sleep apnea. I'm interested in trying the Provent therapy device (bit of a glorified bandaid if you ask me) to see if it works. I've read the comments about it on this forum, but really haven't gotten much info. My wife and I are traveling, spending a week with my granddaughter and her parents. I don't have my bipap machine, since I no longer use it, which is why I'm interested in PV. She saw an ad in a magazine about the PV device and begged me to "Google it", which I obediently did (c'mon guys, I'm not the only one). Just signed up for the 10 day trial...IF my doc will prescribe. Haven't been in to see him in a while (like a couple years) so might not get cooperation. BUT, if I do I'll definitely let the forum know how it goes. I really hope this works, but my wife hopes even more than I...you folks who live with a VERY loud snorer know what I'm talkin about! Well that's about enough for my first post. Anyone with real life experience using the PV therapy your honest review would be greatly appriceated. Thanks!

Mary Z

Re: Provent Therapy Bandaids

Post by Mary Z » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:18 am

Why did you give up your machine?
I hope the Provent works for you. Somewhere I read a physical exam of the upper airway would be needed for a prescription, but I don't know.
Sorry I don't have the info you desire.

archangle

Re: Provent Therapy Bandaids

Post by archangle » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:18 pm

Don't put a lot of faith in them, but it might be worth a trial.

Why did you stop using the BiPAP?

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.