questions on using Sleepyhead software

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
angela6

questions on using Sleepyhead software

Post by angela6 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:50 pm

I just recently found out that there is a cpap machine software available called Sleepyhead that can be used to look at data. I have the M series Remstar apap and use Encore Viewer version 1.

Can I try using Sleepyhead software, download data from my smart card, and if I want to go back to using Encore Viewer, go back to using it without Sleepyhead changing the data on my card?

And what does "tidal volume" mean in Sleepyhead?

thank you

Burkebang

Re: questions on using Sleepyhead software

Post by Burkebang » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:23 pm

angela6 wrote:I just recently found out that there is a cpap machine software available called Sleepyhead that can be used to look at data. I have the M series Remstar apap and use Encore Viewer version 1.

Can I try using Sleepyhead software, download data from my smart card, and if I want to go back to using Encore Viewer, go back to using it without Sleepyhead changing the data on my card?

And what does "tidal volume" mean in Sleepyhead?

thank you
Here is the definition of tidal volume: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tidal_volume

Sleepyhead will not change any data on your card, so there is no problem recording your data in both programs. I recommend importing in Sleepyhead first, to be sure that Encore does not mess with or delete any data

Try both and after a while, let us know which program you like best.

archangle

Post by archangle » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:12 pm

If you really have a M series machine, SleepyHead can't read the data from your smartcard. At least not until someone figures out how to read the data from the smartcard they use.

Does your machine say "M series" on the top and use a card that is the size of a credit card vs. a postage stamp?

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:22 pm

angela6 wrote:Can I try using Sleepyhead software, download data from my smart card, and if I want to go back to using Encore Viewer, go back to using it without Sleepyhead changing the data on my card?
No, you can't use SleepyHead because it won't work with the M Series smart cards. SleepyHead only works with the machines that use the SD cards. Should you get a new PR System One machine or ResMed S9 full data machine....you can for sure use SleepyHead safely and not worry about it messing with the data on the SD card.

At this point M series machine users have nothing to gain using any new software. You could use the newer Encore Viewer 2.0 or Encore Pro 2.4 but since the M Series machine do not gather the new information shown on the new reports..the reports don't change. I know this because I used a M series machine until April of this year..I used Encore Viewer 1.0 and Encore Pro 1.8 in the past and last January I got the new versions of the software and the reports didn't change one bit.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

angela6

Post by angela6 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Thank you for those who answered my original post. I didn't understand that Sleepyhead only works for machines that have the SD card. The M series apap I use takes the credit card sized smart card. I guess I saved the steps of trying to download and use Sleepyhead (though I hear good things about it) to discover it wouldn't work. It also seems that upgrading to Encore Viewer 2.0 or higher won't benefit me either.

again, thank you

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:39 pm

So sorry that we can't offer better news for you. There certainly is no need for you to spend any money on Encore Viewer 2.0.

Should you be in a position to get a newer model machine then for sure you can use the new software.
That's why I got the new machine last April...I was yearning for the additional data even when there was nothing wrong with my M Series APAP.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.