Hair thinning

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jroy

Hair thinning

Post by jroy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:53 am

I have used CPAP for over six years. I am now finding that my hair is thinning in the areas where the head gear adjustment connectors sit at the top of my head. My hair dresser even commented at my last visit. Anyone out there with a similar problem? Any head gear that works for you? I use nasal pillows, which I prefer tro a face mask. Thanks for any help.

Pugsy

Re: Hair thinning

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:58 am

Perhaps adding a bit of fleece covering over the part of the strap that is fitting at the area of thinning?
Reduce the friction?

Sorry but I don't have the problem of thinning hair. So no real experience. It might help if we knew exactly which nasal pillow mask so someone with a different type could comment about strap placement.

Like which strap seems to be the offending strap?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

So Well

Post by So Well » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:59 am

Go to a motorcycle shop and get one of those headcoverings that the bikers wear under the helmet. I wear one every night. It is very lightweight, cool, and wicks moisture. I don't even feel it on my head.

(Mine has dragons on it but I also saw some with flowers - your choice.)
So Well
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

So Well

Post by So Well » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:16 am

Here are some examples: http://www.aerostich.com/hadwear-head-scarf.html

That is just to give you an idea - look at image 6.

I don't know the brand I use and there is no label on.

Some of these may be too warm. Make sure you get a lightweight one made of wicking polyester - they last for many years.

Mine was about $20. I believe REI also sells them - check their website.
So Well
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Talk to Padacheek (she is on here) about making you an "over the top" cover for your nasal pillows.
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly