online auctions

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
old guest

online auctions

Post by old guest » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:47 pm

What has happened to the YAHOO cpap auctions. Seems to have disappeared like E-bay's. Guess the DME's are complaining again!

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:52 pm

It's back! Whew!!

snorzalot

Post by snorzalot » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:57 pm

The PAP machines are prescription-based. Even CPAP.com requires a prescription within 1-year before selling/shipping C/A/Bi/PAPs.

I have an older PAP system promised to a member of our forums, but I spoke with an attorney the other evening about shipping the equipment and they recommended that I have the patient contact their doctor and explain that they have already been diagnosed with OSA, but no longer have a functional PAP system and can receive a new one if they are allowed to have the equipment shipped to the doctor who in return can release the equipment back to the patient. Money need not exchange hands, but at least the patient will have a new prescription and doctor's knowledge to protect the sender as well as the patient. Should the doctor be willing to create a new prescription and allow the patient to fax it, that would be acceptable to ship direct and be legal/safe.

This might seem paranoid or a lot to go through, but I learned also my post office will not allow me to ship anything without a valid return address in my local city which is VERY SMALL!

So... it's ashame the hoops you have to jump through to help someone out, but I guess it's the safer way to go.

Thanks!