Two Machines . . .

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rigatoni

Two Machines . . .

Post by rigatoni » Wed May 28, 2008 6:04 am

I travel for my job extensively . . . is it worth investing in a "travel friendly" machine, such as the Everest and leaving my home machine in place ?

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Wed May 28, 2008 6:33 am

I don't travel a lot - but - I sure do LOVE having that extra xPAP when I do!!!

It is sooooo nice to just walk out the door w/that second xPAP complete w/mask in the carrying case. No extra time disassembling my regular xPAP and humidifier and making sure I've packed everything needed for it.

And, especially if getting home late or after a really tiring day it sure is nice to just fall into bed w/my regular xPAP already to just don the mask and push the On button!! No unpacking and assembling before I can just collapse into bed.

In 2 1/2 years on xPAP I've only made 3 trips, all by car, but it sure was nice having that extra xPAP!!!

I was recently switched to a bi-level and no way do I have the resources to purchase a bi-level out of pocket so I confess that I fully intend when traveling to just take my autoPAP already packed and ready to go and NOT take my bi-level. (Shhhhh! Don't tell my sleep doc!)

IF the expense of a second xPAP isn't prohibitive for you I would by all means recommend getting a second, back-up, travel xPAP!!!

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Wed May 28, 2008 6:46 am

I don't travel alot either, but I have the Everest for a travel, back up machine. I really like that it has an integrated battery for use during power outages. I get about 12 hrs if I don't use the HH and about 6 hrs if I do.
If we expect to have a power outage I just start the night on the Everest. When(if) the power goes out it switches to battery automatically and when(if) the power comes back on it trickle charges the battery.
It has no bells or whistles, but is small and light and has plenty of room in the bag for hose, mask, extension cord, and other assorted cpap supplies.
It also allows me to take a nap in my porch on a nice summer day!

Brenda

NightHawkeye

Re: Two Machines . . .

Post by NightHawkeye » Wed May 28, 2008 7:22 am

rigatoni wrote:I travel for my job extensively . . . is it worth investing in a "travel friendly" machine, such as the Everest and leaving my home machine in place ?
Yes! You really don't want to break your primary machine, they way I did once.

Small and lightweight is good. I carry my PB420E in the same small carry-on I've got everything else in.

Biggest problem I ever had was when I realized that the PB420E provides better treatment for me than the Remstar-auto. Now, my travel machine is also my primary machine. Fortunately, I still have the old Remstar-auto as a back-up.

Regards,
Bill