Lips forced open by pressure while lying on back

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jjatweb

Lips forced open by pressure while lying on back

Post by jjatweb » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:04 am

Hi,

My lips are forced open by pressure only when I am lying on my back. This causes a 'popping' sound of air exiting my mouth which wakes everyone up, including myself.

When I lie on my side, there is no problem.

Any suggestions? I have a Resmed S9 that my brother gave me. I understand there is a card I can read. I wonder what variable I should look at?

nicholasjh1

Re: Lips forced open by pressure while lying on back

Post by nicholasjh1 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:23 am

jjatweb wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:04 am
Hi,

My lips are forced open by pressure only when I am lying on my back. This causes a 'popping' sound of air exiting my mouth which wakes everyone up, including myself.

Any suggestions? I have a Resmed S9 that my brother gave me. I understand there is a card I can read. I wonder what variable I should look at?
I get this on my side or back. If I position my head JUST right it doesn't happen, but instead I tape , because otherwise it just wakes me too often. So taping is an alternative. I think some members user cervical collars and other things as well. I tape and use a chinstrap that also covers my mouth (it helps keep the tape on).
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:32 am

jjatweb wrote:
Hi,

Sounds like my first girlfriend! ;)

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:15 pm

jjatweb wrote:
This causes a 'popping' sound of air exiting my mouth which wakes everyone up, including myself.
Everyone? How many people is everyone, do you sleep in a barracks?

jjatweb wrote:
Any suggestions?
Tape you lips shut. Quit a few do this to seel their lips.

jjatweb wrote:
I have a Resmed S9 that my brother gave me. I understand there is a card I can read. I wonder what variable I should look at?
Pick up the cheapest SD Card you can get. Put it in the your S9. Install SleepyHead on your computer. Import the data after a night (or many nights sleep). Read a few topics here, to see what the SleepyHead graphs look at and how others are interpreting the data.

The S9 is sensitive to any foreign changes to the SD Card so make sure you turn on write-protect on the SD Card when you put it in the computer for import and undo the write-protect when you put it back in your S9.

zonker

Post by zonker » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:34 pm

jjatweb wrote:
Hi,

for more information than i can type, please read this-
viewtopic/t172378/Sticky--Newbies-PLEAS ... STING.html

this tells you about the software(sleepyhead) that "reads the card". it telss you how to get the resulting charts posted here, so the experts can tell all about your variables.

good luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

nobody

Post by nobody » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:27 pm

Nexcare paper tape!

jjatweb

Post by jjatweb » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:47 pm

I think this is a Resmed problem I had a Remstar Pro Auto CPAP before and there was no problem. This Resmed is a nightmare.

I'll try the Sleepyhead software and post it to see if someone can figure it out.

nobody

Post by nobody » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:14 pm

jjatweb wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:47 pm
I think this is a Resmed problem I had a Remstar Pro Auto CPAP before and there was no problem. This Resmed is a nightmare.

I'll try the Sleepyhead software and post it to see if someone can figure it out.
That's strange. I've always had this problem. My previous machine was a respironics m series auto.