Full Face Mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SMenasco

Full Face Mask

Post by SMenasco » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:26 pm

I use a Swift II nasal pillow mask. I recirculate air out my mouth once I go to sleep and my throat relaxes. I wake up every couple of hours and have to have a drink, my mouth is so dry. Would a full face mask help? Thanks very much.

zonker

Re: Full Face Mask

Post by zonker » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:32 pm

SMenasco wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:26 pm
I use a Swift II nasal pillow mask. I recirculate air out my mouth once I go to sleep and my throat relaxes. I wake up every couple of hours and have to have a drink, my mouth is so dry. Would a full face mask help? Thanks very much.
it may. but here is another idea-

viewtopic/p1089718/viewtopic.php?f=1&t= ... s#p1086296

i use this as well as a foam cervical collar to keep my big yap shut! :lol:

works for me and is way cheaper than a new mask.

good luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

SMenasco

Post by SMenasco » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:39 pm

I'm a 22 year cpap wearer and have tried chin straps, head straps and have taped. Keeping my mouth shut doesn't work. The air bubbles up and fills my mouth until my cheeks pooch out. I have an appointment with a sleep doctor in April, as soon as he could see me. If anyone else has had any success with full face masks, I would appreciate hearing from you.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:23 pm

Last poll taken. I think about 40% of the members here used FF Masks..Nothing special about them.

recipefordisaster

Post by recipefordisaster » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:16 am

I have stuck with a FFM for the exact reasons you describe. Despite the headband and tape across my lips, my cheeks would puff out until air forced its way out of my mouth or I swallowed it. I tried many many adjuncts and different nasal masks, cervical collar, etc. Dedicated attempts for months if not more...

For me, I had trouble with pressure on my nose bridge, but I found a couple of full face masks that work fairly well. Simplus and F30. A liner helps a lot. I still nose breathe, but the pressure is equalized between my nose and mouth because they are both in the mask so my mouth doesn't totally dry out-I still tape my mouth and use a chin strap (that's just for relaxation causing my chin to fall out of the mask overnight) . Good luck!

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:30 am

I have used a full face mask since I started treatment almost four years ago. I have tried nasal pillows and a nasal mask several times, but have never been able to overcome losing air out of my mouth once I fall asleep. I have used the following masks the longest: F & P Simplus, Amara View, Dreamwear FFM, and Resmed F20. I have used the F20 the most, and keep coming back to it after trying new ones. It looks like I will probably continue to stay with the F20 for now. I am always open to trying new masks when they come on the market in the hopes I will find one I like better. I thought the F30 was going to be the one, but it had one small leak that bothered me because it blew air into my eye and I could never get it to seal for any length of time.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.