PURE SOAP (Topic Revisited)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Offerocker

PURE SOAP (Topic Revisited)

Post by Offerocker » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:25 am

I wanted to pass on a source for PURE SOAP, which we are to use to clean our CPAP equipment.
I know there was a discussion about a year ago, but thought I'd put this out as another source.

I discovered it on eBay (where else?). They have MANY types, and I am directing this discussion on their "Gentle Baby" soap, only because it contains NO additives (oils, etc.) Take a look if you want, shipping is free.

BTW, I cleaned my eyeglasses with this, and they came out better than the spray from the Optician.

So, here you are:
eBay user id = miss_maddies_mercantile

(Now doesn't that just smack of "DOWN HOME"??

ozij

Post by ozij » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:38 am

Hi there Offerocker!

How can any soap be made without oils?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap
Historically, soap has been composed of sodium (soda ash) or potassium (potash) salts of fatty acids derived by reacting fat with lye in a process known as saponification. The fats are hydrolyzed by the base, yielding glycerol and crude soap

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Offerocker

Post by Offerocker » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:49 pm

ozij wrote:Hi there Offerocker!

How can any soap be made without oils?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap
Historically, soap has been composed of sodium (soda ash) or potassium (potash) salts of fatty acids derived by reacting fat with lye in a process known as saponification. The fats are hydrolyzed by the base, yielding glycerol and crude soap
O.
HI, ozij!
I omitted the word 'essential', or 'fragrance' in my post. - my apologies, but then, I'm not a 'soap-maker', just passing on info that had been of previous interest.